How to Solve the #OscarsSoWhite Controversy

Just stop the Oscars altogether, it's totally meaningless, actors voting for actors, directors for directors etc.......it's just a Hollywood love fest...... Go get a room !!!

Just stop the Oscars altogether, it's totally meaningless, actors voting for actors, directors for directors etc.......it's just a Hollywood love fest...... Go get a room !!!
You beat me to it.

#GAsoWhite anybody? Probably too close for comfort on this crowd. I keed I keed.

/stripot

How come nothing is said about the black only events? Ridiculous!

White lives matter too! :yes:

It don't matter if ur black or white. Unless ur black, then sht matters.

Why do we need to solve an artificially invented "problem"?
Why not focus on solving world hunger, global warming and 100LL replacement instead?

Why do we need to solve an artificially invented "problem"?
Why not focus on solving world hunger, global warming and 100LL replacement instead?

Because, people have to have someone to blame for the fact that they aren't satisfied with with something in their life. And the "evil rich white people" who actually control the world through super secret societies are easy targets. Its a nice neat story with plenty of proof provided by Hollywood and old hippies turned politicians with a guilt complex.

One more thought that came to mind is if they did the nominations in proportion to race population, the nominations might be balanced as followed.

One more thought that came to mind is if they did the nominations in proportion to race population, the nominations might be balanced as followed.

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around why it matters. Some of my all-time favorite movies (A Raising in the Sun, Crooklyn, Do the Right Thing, and The Tuskegee Airmen, for example) feature Black protagonists or themes. So what? A good movie is a good movie.

Rich

I think it is because everyone is aware of how much money was spent making a movie that to justify the rediculous amount, it HAS to be nominated. Then again, since I don't know what the makeup of the academy is, I cannot really say it is because 51 % are old white males, but I wouldn't doubt it a bit.

Why not incorporate the black osgars into the bet awards ceremony.

Because, people have to have someone to blame for the fact that they aren't satisfied with with something in their life. And the "evil rich white people" who actually control the world through super secret societies are easy targets. Its a nice neat story with plenty of proof provided by Hollywood and old hippies turned politicians with a guilt complex.
Yuuuup.

Back