How to know when the FAA processes your permanent license?

RyanB

Super Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
The DPE told me it takes 8 weeks to receive it in the mail. Does anyone know a way of tracking the status or knowing when they process it?

Sure, you can ask the FAA to advise you of the status of your certificate, but the additional burden will stretch the processing time to 12 weeks.

Sure, you can ask the FAA to advise you of the status of your certificate, but the additional burden will stretch the processing time to 12 weeks.

Don't forget that General Counsel will then initiate an investigation against you for questioning the FAA.

I'll be watching the mailbox same as you...except I earned my ticket on 7/20 so I've got some time to go yet...

As a piece of anecdata: Passed IR checkride 6/14, received permanent on 7/10. I think this period of temporary cert-holding was shorter than the one for my PPL.

That was a fun wait...
I took my checkride a couple days after the government shutdown last year.
The back log stretched the delay out.

I checked that website daily trying to see when it would flip and I would check the mailbox daily hoping they might have forgotten to update the site and maybe it was in the mail.

Feels good to open that letter though.

Wow, so they are still over a month behind, guess I still have some time to wait. Just anxious to open that letter! :)

As a piece of anecdata: Passed IR checkride 6/14, received permanent on 7/10. I think this period of temporary cert-holding was shorter than the one for my PPL.

Clearly AJ's CFI had connections.... :)

I passed my MEI on 4/18/14 and got my certificate around 7/20/14. I was getting close to calling my DPE for a new temporary!

One thing you can do is search the airmen database. Watch to see when your status changes online and your permanent certificate usually arrives shortly thereafter.

I've done a few new card worthy rides, got it in the mail earlier then expected, when expected, and later then expected.

It gets there when it gets there, I really don't bother trying to figure the date anymore.

As long as your temp doesn't lapse without the DPE re upping it it's all gravy.

The CFI renewals filed at the FSDO seem to take about 30 days.

The DPE told me it takes 8 weeks to receive it in the mail. Does anyone know a way of tracking the status or knowing when they process it?

Go ahead and fly on the temporary. It works just as well as the plastic ones!

:D

When you get your little plastic card, you will know. Why be anxious about it, you have the temp paper which is just as good.

Back