How to improve my wife's "service ceiling"

please PIREP the Naproxen response, I'd be interested to hear.

That would give me a headache at any altitude.
Seriously. But if the headache is not from the noise, see an ENT and try a script for something like Singulair. I got it for scuba, and I didn't really how congested I am most of the time until I experienced being not congested.

Last edited:
Man, if I had to use oxygen above 6000' I'd need to put it on before I hit pattern altitude and wear it constantly here.

As a test, I was holding my breath for 30 seconds to see if lack of oxygen affected my math abilities.
It must have... couldn't read the numbers and ended up passing out

That's John McAfee's gig. You see someone tried to kill him and his wife threatened them that he would be coming for them, on Twitter? LOL. Dude's a lunatic.
Hey, if you had a few million dollars and no ability to pass a drug test where would you be?

Hey, if you had a few million dollars and no ability to pass a drug test where would you be?

A few million... hmmm... can you make it about 10 million? I kinda want an Aerostar and a way to feed it fuel and engines and not care. Then go some places.

10 million should do it without touching the principal.

A few million... hmmm... can you make it about 10 million? I kinda want an Aerostar and a way to feed it fuel and engines and not care. Then go some places.

10 million should do it without touching the principal.
Better off with a C90

Better off with a C90

Yeah probably, but I'm in a 70's "let's see how fast piston power can go" mood right now.

Plus the Aerostar would be just uncomfortable enough that nobody would come along unless they really wanted to be there.

C90 would encourage far too many passengers.

The A-star is just right for me, Karen, and the dogs. ;)

It's not an O2/CO2 problem. And it's not a rate of climb/descent issue. (Already ruled those out by experimentation.) Same thing happens to her on commercial flights as well. We will try the Naprosyn idea next. If that doesn't work then I'm going to get started on my MEL. :)

I have a similar problem... sinus pressure right between the eyes. Used to have issues during/after a cold but it's been a problem more often lately. Staying under 500FPM helps but I like climbing faster than that. Thinking about going to an ENT doc for allergy tests. My guess.. if its not related to allergies/colds they would do a balloon sinuplasty.

Last edited:
After a number of flights, we have concluded that any altitude over 7,000 ft gives her a pressure headache that takes until the next day to clear. It can take only 15 minutes at altitudes above that for this to occur. Now, I've been milking that as an excuse to purchase a pressurized aircraft, but she doesn't seem to be taking the bait just yet.

Anybody have any ideas how to increase her service ceiling?
Are you sure this is a pressure headache? or hypoxia?

Try some o2.. Heck.. try a cheap pulse oximeter and check her sats at ground and at altitude.

Back