How to fly to Mexico in a GA aircraft

Good on ya for the video. Personally I reject the idea I have to ask for and have prior permission granted as to the manner and time in which I can leave my own Country via my own airplane, when such stasi tactics are not required of me when doing it by automobile or commercial airliner. Screw the CBP and their manufactured demand.

I have this little bucket list trip I've thought about for years: FL to PR. The CBP keeps me home. My upgrade plan is to purchase a piston single with enough legs to get me from SoFL to Aguadilla non-stop. I'm thinking a 90 gal Comanche might do the trick? Whatever I end up doing, a simple domestic IFR flight plan will do. No CBP sticker, no stasi eAPIS manifest and no sponsoring that profiling abortion of a federal sub-agency borne out of manufacturing their justification for existence, and the byproduct of an incredibly irrational and failed policy we call the war on drugs.

Sorry for the de-rail. This topic hits close to home.

Good on ya for the video. Personally I reject the idea I have to ask for and have prior permission granted as to the manner and time in which I can leave my own Country via my own airplane, when such stasi tactics are not required of me when doing it by automobile or commercial airliner. Screw the CBP and their manufactured demand.

I have this little bucket list trip I've thought about for years: FL to PR. The CBP keeps me home. My upgrade plan is to purchase a piston single with enough legs to get me from SoFL to Aguadilla non-stop. I'm thinking a 90 gal Comanche might do the trick? Whatever I end up doing, a simple domestic IFR flight plan will do. No CBP sticker, no stasi eAPIS manifest and no sponsoring that profiling abortion of a federal sub-agency borne out of manufacturing their justification for existence, and the byproduct of an incredibly irrational and failed policy we call the war on drugs.

Sorry for the de-rail. This topic hits close to home.

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

Great video! I'm taking my first international trip this summer so the video was timely for me. Thanks for sharing.

You can always "Corrigan" the trip.
Start out for Miami and end up in Mexico.

:rofl:

Bookmarked!! We also want to fly down to San Felipe as well.

Thanks for posting, seems more doable than I'd imagined. Can't wait for you to post a flight to Canada.~

Nice video. Just curious, if you had a problem or needed to turn back to the US after just crossing over the border, would they allow it? Or do you have to continue and land in Mexico?

Great video! Really well done all around. Thank you!

I'm psyched for my 2nd foray out to the Bahamas. Works about the same without the hands out. Very friendly, straight forward and welcoming.

I'd love to do a big trip into South America in my RV10 but don't know if it's really doable.

Nice video. Just curious, if you had a problem or needed to turn back to the US after just crossing over the border, would they allow it? Or do you have to continue and land in Mexico?
I'm not sure on the technicalities of that, but I imagine if you declared an emergency you'd be alright. It'd have to be a really good reason and lots of paperwork of course.

The link is down

Great video! I hope it convinces a few pilots to partake in a flying adventure to the South. We're heading for Loreto again later this month.
Going down with a group (like BajaBushPilots) is always nice, as there is safety in numbers. It's nice to know there are dozens of other planes at the other end of the radio.

Great video! I hope it convinces a few pilots to partake in a flying adventure to the South. We're heading for Loreto again later this month.
Going down with a group (like BajaBushPilots) is always nice, as there is safety in numbers. It's nice to know there are dozens of other planes at the other end of the radio.
Funny thing but I've always felt safety in numbers when on the ground. In the air, not so much.

Though it's nice to know an emergency radio call will be heard by a teammate.

Back