how to finish up PPL?

muleywannabe

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Cherokee235
I lack my written test, which I plan to have completed soon, I need one hour of night flight, solo cross country and 3 take off and landings at a towered airport and of course brush up for the checkride. I recently owned an aircraft that I have been training in but we have it sold because I have no instructors around, therefore I cant get my PPL finished in the position I am currently in. What would be a good suggestion? I need to get this finished, I have access to aircraft once I get my PPL because I can rent them from friends but not train in them. I currently own a piper 235 so I would like to stick with a low wing if possible but If I need to switch to high wing then so be it. Any suggestions would be great. thank you

Is it possible for you get the appropriate endorsement and fly to where a CFI is located in your plane? Or pay to have a CFI travel to your location. BTW where are you? That might get someone's attention in your area if you mention it. You're so darn close you need to get it done. Good luck.

Where are you located?

One idea is to schedule some time off from work/family and go see Jesse at his flight school. Likely you could be completely done in a very short amount of time.

KIDP is my home airport. its amazing to me that Cessna doesnt have a school. the next closest school is 45 minutes away but their schedule never meets up with mine. tried that deal.

I would suggest finding a flight school, explain your situation, and make sure they are good with just doing you final preparations for you check ride. Take 1 week vacation allowing 4 or 5 days to finish training and schedule the check ride on day 5 or 6. Have all of this set up before you leave, worse case situation if you are not ready for the check ride cancel it, but have it set up before you go.

Take a few days off, find an Accelerated Flight School like Tailwheels in Lakeland Florida (there are lots of them out there) and get a "Finish Up Program" where they will take ya from where you are today to checkride ready.

Finish Up programs are a common thing for students that are having a hard time getting through the process due to scheduling or other logistical constraints and just wanna get it done.

KIDP is my home airport.
You're not all that far from GATTS in Manhattan. I suggest you call them and see what they could arrange.

They are well regarded by some for their IFR course. So they should be more than able to do a "get you done" in a week arrangement.

Take a vacation ,someplace nice like Florida,and set it up with a flight school,enjoy the weather and get it done.

Back