How to find out about a restricted area online

Joegoersch

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
JoeGoersch
Pretty much what the title says. On most apps, you can touch the restricted area and get info about it. But is there a place online where you can do the same ? Is there any place online where restricted spaces and their altitudes etc are listed. I know it's on the edge off sectionals, but where can I find this info online ?

Thanks.

Actually, this does NOT help. You cannot get the dimensions of restricted airspace. E.g. if I want to know altitudes of R-4005 near DC, this does NOT give me the information...

Last edited:
I can see the restricted areas, but not their vertical dimensions. Even with ie11...

I can see the restricted areas, but not their vertical dimensions. Even with ie11...

Did you try 1800wxbrief ?

because on there I found that R-4005 is up to but not including FL250

Actually, this does NOT help. You cannot get the dimensions of restricted airspace. E.g. if I want to know altitudes of R-4005 near DC, this does NOT give me the information...

Yes it does. Click on the area in question and it gives you the active altitudes.

Did you try 1800wxbrief ?

because on there I found that R-4005 is up to but not including FL250
Sorry to be dense, but where exactly did you find this on 1800wxbrief? (within a briefing or where ?)

Sorry to be dense, but where exactly did you find this on 1800wxbrief? (within a briefing or where ?)

There's the option to view individual sectional charts on interactive map rather than the stitched view. All the info is there on the border just like a printed out chart.

This was my first hit from Google: "R-4005"

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/moa-pax.htm

It says:
R-4005
R-4005 is special-use airspace located over the junction of the Potomac River and Chesapeake Bay, approximately 15 NMI south of the Patuxent VORTAC, Channel 123, bearing 180�. The airspace extends from the surface up to, but not including, FL250. R-4005 is used primarily for aircraft RDT&E and, to a lesser degree, antisubmarine warfare training and tactics. Non-explosive ordnance is authorized in this area. No ordnance is authorized on Sundays and holidays. R-4005 is available continuously

Back