How to come clean.

G

First off, yes I have made a mistake that may cost me my career. The decisions that I made I made to feed my family, I know that doesn’t make them right. Second, I am going to come clean, I just need to know the ramifications so I can plan to support my family, and have an idea of the best way to actually come clean.

Here we go....

Have had classic migraines with aura (visual both eyes for roughly 10 mins, followed by headache) for years at roughly 8 a year. They are a pain in the butt but I would not say they are incapacitating. I have never had one in an airplane. I can’t can’t seem to find a trigger and they are probably hereditary as my mother and grandmother had them. About 5 yrs ago I went to a neurologist and was prescribed a triptan. I also got an MRI just to make sure everything looked ok upstairs. Long story short the triptans clear them up in ~20mins with no side effects. That said I have failed to disclose this on my past class 1 applications. After years of it destroying me with guilt, it is time to come clean. So my question is, how? Stop flying now, call AME or Union? Wait until next physical and disclose? Aviation attorney?

I have asked around the cockpit on trips and this is a very taboo subject in the industry. Not much advice from peers. So here I am seeking the advice of strangers on forum!

Thanks.

Your first step to divine absolution is to promise not to post the same thing several times on the same forum!
J/K. Good luck with your issue.

Have you started two different threads?
Often wonder when this happens if the OPs think the more times they ask, at least one thread will provide total absolution no matter what the FAA eventually says or does to them.

You lied on a medical certificate over a medication that an AME is only required to give a 24 hour no-fly warning?

Often wonder when this happens if the OPs think the more times they ask, at least one thread will provide total absolution no matter what the FAA eventually says or does to them.

Don't new members have their messages held for moderation? And they don't see their original post, so they start another...which might go through, right after they have been approved for posting?

Don't new members have their messages held for moderation? And they don't see their original post, so they start another...which might go through, right after they have been approved for posting?

ding ding ding! That is correct, glad someone on here can think!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back