How slow can you roll?

Awesome! Saw this on BiplaneForum earlier, although I'm still a noob, going to try this in the Extra next time I go up.

Wow, impressive.

I'm gonna try that....jk

That's a nice slow roll. Seems like it would take a lot of rudder in spots to get it that smooth.

Yep, lots of rudder! Went through a rough section after passing through inverted in trying to maintain a constant roll rate. The roll rate will naturally increase as you switch rudders after passing through inverted, which you must manage by reducing (an already miniscule) aileron input. Lots of constantly changing variables to manage. Fun challenge.

Wow, nice! I could do that in my 182 except that I'd have buried the nose about 10 seconds in and pieces would be departing.

nice.
imagine the box size you would need to do that in competition. judges spread over 2 miles...lol

This is how we roll. :yes:

That's pretty amazing. One of these days I'm going to do some Acro training so I can go upside down in a plane!

reminds me of a snap roll in my ole' champ!!!!

Just way cool. I've been flying for nearly 30 years and I can't even comprehend the skill required to do that.

Thanks for taking the time to share. It's not often you get to see something unique!
Gary

Now that's a slow roll! All about that precision baby! bring it on!

And when that feels easy, how about pouring yourself a cup of coffee while doing it, Bob Hoover style? :)

Hmm that would be a real trick for this kind of roll since unlike the positive G Hoover roll, this roll would require you to rotate the coffee cup AND the coffee pot 360 degrees as you roll. :) Not enough hands...

Back