How often I should fly to stay sharp.

Somebody mentioned your " sharpness" to begin with. Yes indeed, how sharp are you? How many hours, total landings, x country, etc. if your low time, you may not be sharp to begin with. Then..... Are you to fly the same type you've always flown? Lots of questions remain unanswered. Personally I think it takes a minimum of 500 hours to be at ease, know the aircraft really well, be able to cope with an emergency, good communication skills, etc.

Depends on if it was a different rental each flight or now my own. Also depends on what I practiced and how far I traveled during my last flight. If I go more than 4 weeks(usually winter), it is a solo flight before hauling the family. I want to ensure my plane is sharp too. Every 2-3 weeks feels good. Would like more if I could afford it.

Just to throw my thoughts in.. I would say atleast once a week would be good.. I have flown around 22 hours this month and I'm craving more lol

For all pilots out there flying irregularly, maintaining an acceptable level of proficiency satisfactory to our own progress is a significant issue, hence the thread. But we also need to come at this from the point of view of potential passengers we may carry and so forth and consider more broadly other people we interact with when we fly.

Can I suggest a tool such as Pilot In Command for your Apple device to track the types of errors you may be making and put them into context?

Check out www.pilotincommand.me

Happy flying

Back