How long do NASA reports take?

Pi1otguy

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Fox McCloud
Allegedly someone at my airport managed to bust the LAX bravo and get "a phone number to call". Luckly I don't know enough to be interrogated .. err... interviewed by the feds if it gets a follow up but I'd like to see the NASA report when it comes out on the web. I do know a NASA form has most likely been filed since half a dozen people were asking "how do you fill out a NASA form?"

I just wonder how long does it usually take for a NASA report to make it from the mail to web site? I'll assume it'll be hard for me to find it since identifiying info is supposed to be removed.

IMO, unless an alert message was generated or an accident occurred, I doubt you'll see this in a searchable database. You may see it in the Callback newsletter.

I had a friend who was one of 30 staff at Moffat. He said they got on the reports right away and that the review process was typically less than one week. ASRS cooperates with multiple agencies and the more egregious reports will incur additional review.

I've gotten back reports I've made in as little as 3 days.

As far as seeing it in print or electronic dessimination, I doubt it. You can make a request for the report but they'll want to know why, what cause you have. It's called a statement of need.

http://asrs.arc.nasa.gov/

Back