How Long After Processing Certificate?

Garavar

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Garavar
My last certificate never arrived it got lost in mail. Moot issue since I got new certificate.

This time around I am being deligient in checking iacra. The website today changed from "We are currently processing permanent Airmen Certificates for temporary certicates that we issued approximately April 6"

Until today it said March 30. My Checkride was April 2. So does that mean it went out in the mail already and I should start looking for it? Or does it mean they will start working on it this week since I fell between 30th and 6th.

Government always makes things so clear.

Is April 2 approximately April 6?

April 2 was a Saturday. They ain't processing **** on a Saturday. Notice the dates are Wednesdays...

So is April 4 approximately April 6?

Que?

I didn't receive my certificate, nor did the registry update, for a checkride on 2/21. I got another certificate (SOE removal) on 4/6 and that has been processed and is updated in the registry. I noticed the change on 5/13, but I don't check daily. I'm on a trip so I'm not sure if the plastic is at home, but I suspect it is.

I'm surprised the 2/21 never showed up, especially considering the application on 4/6 was paper and very manual because it required paperwork to be submitted. I don't think they have much reasoning to how they do things. It also took 4 months to process an aircraft registration renewal though, so who knows.

I think they update every week. I know since I was checking mine. Issued 2/14, sent to the registry for update on 2/17 and got it in the mail on 3/28. Date advanced every 7 days.

Now you got me scare, How long does the temporary certificate last?

Now you got me scare, How long does the temporary certificate last?

90 Days, says it on temporary certificate. For anyone searching this post in the future my certificate arrived on May 23.

I'm milking it before it expires, just in case, bureaucracy you know

Just an update, 60 days exactly, pass my check ride on May 30 and got my plastic certificate on July 30.

Back