How is Vince Neil going to pass his medical?

mrdavedpg

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Dave
I saw mention on an email from the Aviators TV show that they are going to follow Vince Neil, the lead singer for Motley Crew around as he gets his pilots license in an accelerated program.

Now growing up listening to Motley Crew I know a bit of his history which includes a few DUIs, one that end with him getting charged with vehicular man slaughter, and a few assaults.

Here's his wikipedia page on his trouble with the law.

My first thought was how in the heck is he going to get his medical? My second thought was well maybe he'll do sport. Then I looked at the accelerated program is going to do (AFIT is the organization out of Newport Beach no link as their site is flash heavy and I can't link to the accelerated program) and the accelerated course requires you have your 3rd class medical.

Having seen the recent threads on alcohol here I'm not sure he can get his medical.

What say you?

it was all a long time ago and he has since reformed. Seriously. A decade or more ago. Absent something else, with a clean record since, it won't be a major issue - they are looking for last 5 years stuff primarily.

I once locked Motley Crew's G-1 in our hangar because their credit card was rejected after the airplane was fueled.

They paid cash to have it released... Ah, the memories...:D

He just needs to wait until the 3rd class exemption goes into effect... :stirpot:

This might be a possible reason why that may not be such a great idea.

Dr. Bruce - interesting response.

If all of his run-ins with the law and his DUI and his alcohol abuse are decade or more in the past . . . .and he has an exemplary record since - why not?

We let active drinkers or at least those discovered with alcohol or drugs go back to flying with HIMS and all the other stuff . .. he can probably afford a sponsor as well.

If all of his run-ins with the law and his DUI and his alcohol abuse are decade or more in the past . . . .and he has an exemplary record since - why not?

We let active drinkers or at least those discovered with alcohol or drugs go back to flying with HIMS and all the other stuff . .. he can probably afford a sponsor as well.
Well, unless he beat his 2009 and 2010 raps, it ain't happening.

At ten years, if there are no infractions, for 3rd class, all he will need is there letters from recognized community members testifying that they think he's been behaving in a morally upstanding manner.

2nd and 1st, not so much.

I am guessing you didn't check the links I posted.

He just plead guilty to another DUI Jan. 2011.

Anyone who believes that celebrity and cash cant make it happen is naive. It happens all the time. Celebs get away with things we would go to prison for. This isnt any different.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

No student pilot cert yet. at least not that i could find. Aparrently his last name is Wharton

Celebs get away with things we would go to prison for. This isnt any different.

Mike, it ain't gonna happen here. The precedents upset / reset if FAA issued would be mind-boggling.

From Wikipedia:

"In June 2010, Neil was arrested on suspicion of drunk driving in Las Vegas after having allegedly smashed a fan's camera and was released on $2,000 bond. On January 26, 2011, Neil plead guilty to drunk driving and was sentenced to 15 days in the Clark County jail and 15 days under house arrest. In March 2011, Neil was charged with battery and disorderly conduct after an altercation with ex-girlfriend, Alicia Jacobs. On May 2, 2011, Neil’s attorneys plead not guilty on his behalf during an arraignment and he was ordered to stay away from Jacobs then was scheduled to appear in court on August 8. On August 8, 2011, Neil’s trial was rescheduled for November 7 due to an unexplained emergency." There's nothing on the trial's outcome.

LearDriver has it right ... it'll be faked somehow. LSA plus some kind of smoke and mirrors, too - if his training outfit's insurance finds out they're soloing headcases like him, and something "bad" happens, their premiums will go through the roof. Maybe the "supervised solo" route for him. :eek: I wouldn't sign him off to ride in the back of a taxicab.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vince Neil pleading with the FAA:

I'm a "live wire" and probably "just another psycho" pilot applicant. I'm sorry this thing has become such a "white trash circus".

"In the beginning" it was my "Father" who said, "Fight for your rights" and "knock em dead kid". So I came here to say, "you're all I need" to "kiss the sky" and fly "10,000 miles away".

I'll admit I am "Dangerous" and might end up "face down in the dirt", but "use it or lose it" soon we'll all be "five years dead".

So "whats it going to take?". I know "this ain't no love song" and nobody gets "sumethin' for nothin", so "keep your eye on the money" and we'll have a "Hollywood ending" if you know what I mean.

"Tonight" I'll be "down at the Whiskey" with my "friends" if you have any questions.

I'm a "live wire" and probably "just another psycho" pilot applicant. I'm sorry this thing has become such a "white trash circus".

"In the beginning" it was my "Father" who said, "Fight for your rights" and "knock em dead kid". So I came here to say, "you're all I need" to "kiss the sky" and fly "10,000 miles away".

I'll admit I am "Dangerous" and might end up "face down in the dirt", but "use it or lose it" soon we'll all be "five years dead".

So "whats it going to take?". I know "this ain't no love song" and nobody gets "sumethin' for nothin", so "keep your eye on the money" and we'll have a "Hollywood ending" if you know what I mean.

"Tonight" I'll be "down at the Whiskey" with my "friends" if you have any questions.
:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

WTF???

That whooshing sound you hear going over your head...

Those are all his song lyrics, used in that post.

ok, i didn't know what it was. at first glance looked like a small 2 seater. assumed it was a sport plane. my bad.
now let's just say by some miracle and alot of money he gets a medical, wouldn't that set some sort of precedent with which some others might plead their case with?

Hmm. There's nothing to keep him from flying with an instructor, but that solo thing... th eonly way I can see this working if that's a DA-20 is if he trains in the Diamond part time but switches to an LSA before his solo. If he's got a driver's license and hasn't applied for (and been denied) the medical... I guess he could fly as a Sport Pilot.

I think another thing to consider is the FAA just looking the other way. Call me jaded, but money and celebrity will get you a lot. They might not be able to issue a medical because of the precident, but they could just ingore him.....of course no medical=no cert. But its just for TV anyway.

I think another thing to consider is the FAA just looking the other way. Call me jaded, but money and celebrity will get you a lot. They might not be able to issue a medical because of the precident, but they could just ingore him.....of course no medical=no cert. But its just for TV anyway.

He can't solo too quickly, they won't be able to stretch things out for too many seasons otherwise. My guess - the show gets cancelled before any of this ever comes up - or, he drops out and two or three years from now someone asks, "Whatever happened to...?"

Be kinda hard to ignore him if he's on TV. I searched the FAA airman database 8 ways to sunday for him and couldn't find him. no medical yet it appears, didn't it say he's on a 2 week accelerated course? I smell something.

I suppose I should mention that the Aviators TV show is a pretty good show. It's a magazine style TV show about GA. That airs on a few PBS stations in the states (as well as iTunes and Hulu). Never really struck me as sensationalistic. Though I haven't had a chance to watch season 2 yet.

Be kinda hard to ignore him if he's on TV. I searched the FAA airman database 8 ways to sunday for him and couldn't find him. no medical yet it appears, didn't it say he's on a 2 week accelerated course? I smell something.
Are you sure that's his real name?

I suppose I should mention that the Aviators TV show is a pretty good show. It's a magazine style TV show about GA. That airs on a few PBS stations in the states (as well as iTunes and Hulu). Never really struck me as sensationalistic. Though I haven't had a chance to watch season 2 yet.
It is also online, if you have a version of Windows with Windows Media Center (Not Media Player) it's part of Internet TV, which would suggest to me that it is available elsewhere online for those who don't have Media Center.

I don't know Diamond's models (to tell them apart), but none of their planes are LSA eligible.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back