how is everyone?

river_rat said:
John,

No need to drive that far, just come up to Orange County. Last night
at 7:50 pm on the 405 N it was bumper to bumper from Irvine to Huntington
Beach.

greg
LA, OC, kind of the same thing isn't it?
:D

jkaduk said:
LA, OC, kind of the same thing isn't it?
:D
I don't even drive south of Point Conception anymore unless it is very urgent. Flying is out of the question because I'm usually delivering or picking up something very heavy and/or bulky. My last trip to my brother's house in Poway took every bit of 13 hours. It used to be 8 hour or just under. It wasn't in the summer, it wasn't a holiday wknd, no fiery tanker truck accident. Just got lucky I guess.

My bro works in San Juan Capistrano and commutes from Poway several times/wk. He has steadily watched the commute time increase from about an hour to sometimes over 4 hours. Time of day doesn't make much of a difference. And other than books on tape there is not a whole lot a guy can do during those hours.

If it makes you feel any better I'll drive 1.5 hours out of my way to catch I-5 going north just to avoid that mess 'tween South County and San Jose. That hwy (256?) from 101 at Hollister to I-5 is verboten because it's too dangerous given the amount of traffic on it.

Kent, I'm listening to that now. Terry talking about VFRNR. Thanks for the link, tell me more. What do I need to hook this up in my truck?

Well, Mike now I wish I was still in PR. I came back to (as of now) 16 inches of snow.

I am looking on the positive side, it's the first snowstorm we had and it's the middle of February. Spring is just around the corner.

Bob

Back