How good are your eyes?

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
I hadn't noticed before, but your plastic pilot's certificate has micro-printing on the front and the back. It's along the struts of the Wright flyer, and along the wing leading edges and the Wright brother's collars. I tried to check it out with the "high magnification bubble" inside our magnifying glass lense, but I think I need a jeweler's loupe. From what I could make out, the text seems to be part of a speech Marion Blakely gave in December 2002 at the Air & Space Museum.

According to this document, there is also "ultraviolet ink", so I'm hoping one of you with a blacklight can tell us what else is on our certificates that's not visible to the naked eye.

http://rgl.faa.gov/regulatory_and_g...858f4556c86256d7f005630cb!OpenDocument&Click=

Seems like an awful lot of anti counterfeit measures for a document that doesn't even have the holder's picture on it.

The wing struts on the Wright Flyer on the front say, from left to right:

"Without question, flight is represented by countless heroes who have stirred greatness in others. It was a dream that had been waiting to be realized for thousands of years and chased by countless visionaries, scholars, and brave souls. But even as the mass of collected knowledge came to a crucial turning point, it was not until the ingenuity of the Wright Brothers that the puzzle (obscured) solved. Discovery requires deep (obscured) terpretation of knowledge and unb"

And on the back (kind of jumps all over the place - Leading edges, collars, etc - And is significantly obscured by the signature block):

"It's when these qualities come together that

defining moments true achievements occur.

the Wright Brothers are among a league of heroes that inspired the world to follow their dreams with passion, courage, and resolve. Representing those unique individuals whose achievements (obscured)

Orville and Wilbur Wright. Thousands of hours of research, experimentation, and trial led to the eventual success of the Wright Brothers' first flight. Like the

For almost 100 years (obscured)

Dream would (obscured)

hard work and a commitment to (obscured)"

Okay, most of the rest is obscured.

Back