How Flying Wild Alaska is enhancing my marriage

iflyblog.com

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Brent
I wrote a little story on watching Flying Wild Alaska with my reluctant wife.

click image below:

Ha! Nice blog Brent. Maybe you can coax her into getting in that -8 one day this year.

Nice blog, I like the writing style and good luck with the project so to speak. Not that I'm a bard but you have two big typos in the first sentence of your fourth paragraph.

Nice blog, I like the writing style and good luck with the project so to speak. Not that I'm a bard but you have two big typos in the first sentence of your fourth paragraph.

Also in the last sentence of that paragraph.

Nice write-up. I wish they'd get season 2 on Netflix.

Once she figures out that even Ariel could get her license she will think your Chuck Yeager and fly with you anywhere.

Some TV sites still list the show status as "on hiatus/fate TBD"-- but most list the final episode of Season 3 as the "series finale", so it's probably done.

Sounds like my house ... right up to the point of "watching 'Flying Wild Alaska' together" ... whereas she finds something else to do

Great Blog, Good luck getting her up. You only have to do it once and then she will be hooked.

Good luck. My wife went up with me around the pattern right after I got my PPL and that was enough for her. I tried coaxing her this weekend to go up again or fly to see her parents to no avail. She supports my hobby, but says I must fly something with 3x3 seat configuration before she goes back up with me.

Thanks everyone!

I'll let you know how things go...

Also I fixed the typos, I need proofread more :mad2:. Thanks for letting me know - sincerely.

Regards,

Too bad. Jim probably made enough off of Discovery to retire.

I hope so. I often wonder how much money reality TV folks make. Seems like it should be plenty to put up with those cameras. I'm sure it varies a lot.

Not only did Mrs. Steingar watch episodes of that show with me, she even goes flying with me despite the discomfort (hot bumpy days) and the occasional airsickness. She's the best.

Hehe, I get my wife to watch the show as well, but it didn't take her long to lookup Jim Tweto and see his brother was killed in a crash and that he barely survived a crash suffering from a broken neck. I just started season 3 myself, will miss the show when its done.. its one of the few reality shows where I didn't feel like I was watching something to see the dumbass do something stupid.

NTSB Report: http://dms.ntsb.gov/aviation/AccidentReports/momirh3mkecleh45sa2zhv2t1/I01312013120000.pdf

Last edited:
Hehe, I get my wife to watch the show as well, but it didn't take her long to lookup Jim Tweto and see his brother was killed in a crash and that he barely survived a crash suffering from a broken neck. I just started season 3 myself, will miss the show when its done.. its one of the few reality shows where I didn't feel like I was watching something to see the dumbass do something stupid.

NTSB Report: http://dms.ntsb.gov/aviation/AccidentReports/momirh3mkecleh45sa2zhv2t1/I01312013120000.pdf

Find reports of people killed in car accidents and show them to your wife.

Find reports of people killed in car accidents and show them to your wife.

That's silly, I thought you knew the news only shows gun violence and airplane accidents, car accidents just don't happen unless its a school bus full of kids!

snarky aside, I was only made aware of his limp and the reason thereof through my wife.. she's aware of auto accidents and we have both lost more loved ones to cars (and cancer) than anything else.

But hey, the show is about awesome daring adventure flying in Alaska.. With all things said, the accident rate is still amazingly low with all the risks they contend with! love the show!

Back