How do you use your hangar?

Since the hangar I rent doesn't have any heat in it, I don't use it in the winter.

Yep, and I wish I was a little bit taller:lol:

Dad found it in '82 drove it in high school, upgraded to a convertible for college, sat at Grandpa's hanger for 30ish years, he put a trailer on it to haul airplane parts during that time. After putting in a little TLC and safety items such as front disk brakes I was handed the keys when I was 16:yes:

It's due for an engine over haul and front end rebuild this summer because its only been 30 years:goofy:

She drives like a boat but I love her! Sadly I didn't bring her (Christine...Yes from the movie, many interesting happenings with this car) to college:sad:

I have a small block Chevy engine fresh on my engine stand that would be perfect for that darlin'. 350 block, 400 Crankshaft, double hump heads. It needs a proper home and that would be it.

You win!
Thread closed.
(Are you related to Jay Leno?)

I spend as much time at my hangar as I can get away with, always something going on. I have it set up with two post lift, welder, blast cabinet, even a poker room, (never used). I enjoy working on classic cars, I also own a RV 10 so I'm always making changes to it. We have even use it for a photo shoot as you can see in the last picture.:wink2:

Thanks, its a 64 and the color is Silver Blue

It looks great! We've got a 63 that was bought as a basket case before I was even born. It's come a long way since and it's pretty much the car that I learned to work on minus the odds and ins required to keep the rest of the fleet running. Right now it's on jack-stands as the entire rear end is off. We are going for a rebuild with one of those composite mono-springs rather than the leaf. Should make it ride way nicer and stop sagging. It currently has some kind of California body kit on it so the fenders are flared, there's no front or back bumpers, and the back plastic is not original, it even has a little tail. It's modeled after a 67 so its got the stinger hood even thought its a 327 and the side vents are vertical instead of the two horizontal ones.

It's kind of cool in it's own unique way but definitely not the way those cars are suppose to look. After the rear end is put back on, there are just a few big ticket items left such as restored instrument panel and dash pads, A/C for those hot Texas summers, and putting the right plastic back on which we have. Not looking to win Bloomington obviously, just trying to make it a nice driving machine.

My dream 'vette is actually a 64 because I like the skinner knobs in the cockpit, the hockey stick door panels, and the parts are cheaper since most every 63 part is not the same as 64-66 or 64-67 and thus more expensive. Daytona Blue with a white interior:yes: Plus a 327 is plenty of power for those small cars.

I'd love to come by your place over the summer at some point and check out your awesome man cave if you were willing.

I have a small block Chevy engine fresh on my engine stand that would be perfect for that darlin'. 350 block, 400 Crankshaft, double hump heads. It needs a proper home and that would be it.[/QUOTE

My original intention was to put in a 409:yesnod: Something about a new teen driver and safety got in the way though:rolleyes: It's currently got a 283 in it, which is plenty of power for practical purposes, and there's nothing wrong with having a cruising machine!

Although if you wanted to make a donation to the cause I wouldn't turn it down;)

I'm sure it will find a good home eventually!

I'd love to come by your place over the summer at some point and check out your awesome man cave if you were willing.

your welcome to stop by anytime, I'm there most weekends

I finally moved my new plane in and added a few things to my new hangar... it's a start.. I could totally stay here all day! :goofy:

thumb.php

Back