How do you post photos within your post

mrjones30

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Freedom is Flying
I see people do it all the time but I'm afraid to ask. Maybe this is the place for it. Thanks

Besides image formats, what other file types can we attach to our posts with XF? VB had a list in its dialog box, but I don't recall seeing the equivalent in XF.

It says right there when you click on "upload a file"...

Screen Shot 2016-03-27 at 21.44.42.png

4281285527_37862b7d7e_b.jpg

Why do I recall spreadsheets were a permitted file at one time?

I was thinking it was there in VB. But could be thinking of a different VB site I used to haunt.

If you link to an off-site photo, for crying out loud, do not link to PukeBucket of FecesBook. It is better to simply attach the actual picture for the viewing pleasure of our members here.
Thanks! *thumbup*

Thanks for @tagging me, @Everskyward, or I'd have not seen this thread.

Here's the supported upload file types:

zip
txt
pdf
png
jpg
jpeg
jpe
gif

So, to upload an Excel spreadsheet or Word doc, zip it first.

I was thinking it was there in VB. But could be thinking of a different VB site I used to haunt.
Might have been. I don't think that we specifically made a decision to disallow it here. There are certainly viruses that can be embedded in Excel docs. Though the same can be said for PDFs. As Troy said, Excel docs can be zipped and shared (or linked). The best option for sharing information with a group like this would be to share a link to a google Docs spreadsheet that could be updated.

Wave a customer goodbye with the other hand and that's my version of a six digit warranty.

The reason why I asked the question was because it wasn't that easy on the previous website. I use to re-size the image BEFORE uploading. But POA got it right this time...good job guys!

Back