How Do We Log These Hours?

DutchessFlier

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
DutchessFlier
The perennial questions asked once again:

Flew in my friends plane this morning as safety pilot, he's instrument rated and was under the hood: 1.8 hours.

Switched planes after lunch. He's now safety pilot for me, in my plane, I'm under the hood flying practice approaches, misses and holds, VFR flight following: 1.9 hours.

How do we each log this time?

Thanks

BTW: IR Checkride hopefully end of the month (finally!!!)

The perennial questions asked once again:

Not really enough info. But here is what I would say.

Flew in my friends plane this morning as safety pilot, he's instrument rated and was under the hood: 1.8 hours.

Your friend can log all the time as PIC, you can log as SIC whatever time he was under the hood.

Switched planes after lunch. He's now safety pilot for me, in my plane, I'm under the hood flying practice approaches, misses and holds, VFR flight following: 1.9 hours.

You can log the entire flight as PIC and your friend can log as SIC whatever you were under the hood.

Who was the agreed upon ACTING pilot in command?

If the safety pilot, was ACTING pilot in command, you both can log PIC the time he was under the hood.

If the safety pilot was not acting PIC, the safety pilot logs SIC while other logs PIC.

Who was the agreed upon ACTING pilot in command?

If the safety pilot, was ACTING pilot in command, you both can log PIC the time he was under the hood.

If the safety pilot was not acting PIC, the safety pilot logs SIC while other logs PIC.

:yeahthat:

Back