How do I remove my information from this forum?

wreckscars

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
wreckscars
I have been rudely insulted by one of your users.
I would like my profile removed from this forum.
Can someone please tell me how to do that?
Thanks.

I'd kill to have a few minutes with the PoA web server logs. This is someone's alter ego, and I definitely have some ideas.

Thanks.

Download-File

Hmmm,

I take it this was the post disparaging your disability?

I'm a newcomer here so I don't know the dynamic but some apparently think you are a shade account messing with them.

If you are not, I'd say you are owed an apology.

I've been rudely insulted on this board and chose to fight back.

I even created an F-you avatar but when a nice lady told me it offended her, I removed it.

Leave if you want, but don't let anyone drive you away.

Leave if you want, but don't let anyone drive you away.

But I thought he was seeking the GA equivalent of a chauffeur.

(Insert drum rim shot sound effect)

Change the email address on your profile and just never come back if you feel that offended. (I didn't see the offense mentioned, but I haven't read every post)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is one of the most active aviation communities, but can be a meat grinder. Maybe the latter is cause of the former.

Just by ratio, larger communities have a larger number of jerks.

Who knows? I might be considered one of them.

I am 49 years old, have lived in central Alabama my entire life. For many years I really was naive enough to think that most people "thought" like I did and those that didn't were kooks. The older I get, the more I understand that I am probably the outlier. Truth is, very few people line up thought wise with others, we are all unique. I saw all this to saw, there are very few, if any, "jerks" on here, just people who think differently, and a message board is a difficult medium to really tell someone's intent. There are some that post here that will infuriate me in one thread and I will be in total agreement in another. Although I have been a member here for about three years, I don't post much because I still don't know much, but when I have posted and been challenged, I just take it in stride. Eat the meat, throw away the bones.

Edit: just saw my join date, it's been 4 years:yikes:

They're falling like dominos.... or is it dominoes..? Who knows. Either way good luck in whatever it is you are off to do!

You can check out any time you like but you can never leave

Yall have WAY too much free time.

If I ever have active pilots working for me, this is one site that will be blocked at the firewall ...

brian];1872815 said:
Yall have WAY too much free time.

If I ever have active pilots working for me, this is one site that will be blocked at the firewall ...

We have phones. And tapatalk.

Not to mention how trivial it is to get around any web filter...

:)

If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

I think possibly the best way to do this is to write a disgusting, threat filled, profanity laced post/thread about the MC or the admins so that one gets perma-banned. Then, the MC will go to that persons account, remove their nom-de-plume and replace it with "poadeletedxx" which is pretty darn generic, and would best suit the desires of the person who wants to be removed.

Not exactly kosher, but it would get the job done. If a post by that person were quoted I admit I don't know what would happen to the embedded post, but an interesting experiment in the works.

<edit: Interesting. Once a person is 'poadeletedxx', embedded posts by that person still show up as their original name. Frex: Re: Gyrocopter lands on Capital lawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Levy View Post
Relying on the BBC to tell you what the Tampa Bay Times says happened in Washington DC? No... So, there's really no way to escape the POA vortex completely. >

Last edited:
I saw all this to saw, there are very few, if any, "jerks" on here,

Yeah, most people are cool, but as a new student pilot, I got told that I was cheap and lazy and shouldn't be a pilot because I thought I might stop at Sport Pilot regardless of the 3rd class medical issue because it fits my mission so well. :dunno:

I've also seen some commercial pilots that seem indifferent at best and maybe even hostile to the GA community.

Of course some people might think I'm a jerk as well. LOL

Last edited:
Mods please delete. Problem solved.

Thanks.

There are some insults here that rise to the level of High Art. And then there are some insults that are just plain amateurish and tacky. It's unfortunate that 90% of the insults here are merely run-of-the-mill, everyday, mundane because we really don't have that much time to be creative, we're just rattling off an insult on the fly in between (unnecessary) meetings, layovers or food stops.

Most of us ascribe, we persevere, our goal is to reach the High Art stratosphere (not to be confused with the Stratus Sphere), but need much more practice before we reach that elevated status, but as the taxi driver replied to the new customer he picked up at JFK when the rider asked "How do I get to Carnegie Hall?", it's Practice, Practice, Practice.

Just remember, on the Internet, no one knows you're a dog.

Of course some people might think I'm a jerk as well. LOL

I think a little levity would help.
JOTW - U
(Jerks of the World - UNTIE!!!)
Sometimes when it's all you have, it's all you need.

Last edited:
Back