How do I link / embed video?

Rob Schaffer

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
CLR2TKF
I must have tried for 30 minutes last night to figure out how to embed the code to link a YouTube video to show up in the thread. I can easily do this on my Blog, just cut and paste the code from YouTube into the HTML format of my blog, and whalla, there it is.

Is there something I am missing on how to add into a thread? I've seen Jesse do it with his YouTube videos of Gastons or 6Y9, but I couldn't get it to link up last night.

Help appreciated!

I must have tried for 30 minutes last night to figure out how to embed the code to link a YouTube video to show up in the thread. I can easily do this on my Blog, just cut and paste the code from YouTube into the HTML format of my blog, and whalla, there it is.

Is there something I am missing on how to add into a thread? I've seen Jesse do it with his YouTube videos of Gastons or 6Y9, but I couldn't get it to link up last night.

Help appreciated!

Get the YouTube video number by copying the URL i.e.
Code:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCYaw5tGYAs

Put in the post with the "yt" tags:
Code:
[ yt ] ZCYaw5tGYAs   [ / yt ]    [I](remove the spaces)[/I]

Gives you this:

Last edited:
Thanks,.. so easy. I was trying to copy and paste the embed code they give, as that is what works on my Blog Page.

Now,.. if I can find time to edit my flying videos, I can post some more :thumbsup:

Back