How did I save $6439.52 on my taxes

av8tordude

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
av8tordude
PerDiem Traveler!

Do you like paying a website service every year to provide an Expense Report? If not, you should try PerDiem Traveler and Its free to try! www.pdtraveler.com

PerDiem Traveler is a tax savings application that assists Pilots and Flight Attendants to significantly speed up the complicated and time consuming tax deduction process while saving time and money. Flight crewmembers who use Perdiem Traveler potentially are able to deduct $2,500 to $5,000 or more on their income tax return.

Perdiem Traveler features includes...

· An entry form that will calculate the M&IE (Meals & Incidental Expense) for each layover.
· Displays both M&IE rate and the rate for transportation employees for comparative analysis.
· User-defined airports links to each layover city for quick entry.
· Importing capability of Domestic and International Per Diem Rates.
· User-defined percentage amount to prorate the first and last day of each trip.
· Detailed Expense Reports, including a completed IRS Form 2106, for record keeping.
· Importing flight schedule capability from Flica into the Expense Report Log.
· Turbo Tax Guide to assist completing the information required.
· And much more; all for a very low price!

So discover how PerDiem Traveler can possibly help get a bigger tax refund! I save myself $6,439.52!

Do I get free Viagara with that too?

At least its in the classifieds...

FWIW, employees in the transportation industry can instead take a flat per-day deduction that amounts to WAY more than I ever spent in a day on the road. Last I checked, it's $55/day for truck drivers. It's lower for pilots, but it's in the $40's. Beats the hell out of saving three gazillion receipts too, and no fancy-schmancy software needed.

FWIW, employees in the transportation industry can instead take a flat per-day deduction that amounts to WAY more than I ever spent in a day on the road. Last I checked, it's $55/day for truck drivers. It's lower for pilots, but it's in the $40's. Beats the hell out of saving three gazillion receipts too, and no fancy-schmancy software needed.

I'll respectively correct you on some of your statements...

employees in the transportation industry can instead take a flat per-day deduction that amounts to WAY more than I ever spent in a day on the road.

If you have layovers in high-cost areas (i.e. NY, DC, ATL, etc.) or travel Int'l, then the standard rate far exceeds the Special Transportation Rate.

It's lower for pilots, but it's in the $40's.

Actually, its $59.00 (Domestic) & $65.00 (Int'l)

PerDiem Traveler keeps track of your overnight layovers and prints detailed expense reports including IRS Form 2106

If you have layovers in high-cost areas (i.e. NY, DC, ATL, etc.) or travel Int'l, then the standard rate far exceeds the Special Transportation Rate.

And I think airport food is more expensive even than truck stop food - But I don't think I ever spent more than $25/day.

Actually, its $59.00 (Domestic) & $65.00 (Int'l)

For pilots? Jeez, I know the rates have been going up, but I thought I got $55 domestic and $59 international last year.

The hard part is just figuring out where the hell the correct rate is in the instructions. :crazy:

I think airport food is more expensive even than truck stop food - But I don't think I ever spent more than $25/day.

Its not how much you spend, its how much meal allowance ($) is allowed for each city.

For pilots? Jeez, I know the rates have been going up, but I thought I got $55 domestic and $59 international last year.

The hard part is just figuring out where the hell the correct rate is in the instructions. :crazy:

Pub 463, page 6 :wink2:

Back