How did he do that??

Kaye

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
iPlaneless
My oldest brother got his PPL at 70 years of age, and now at 73, buys his first plane! Where did I go wrong? :yikes: :wink2:

Attachments

• 2011-10-28 Chuck's cardinal.jpg
    2011-10-28 Chuck's cardinal.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 125
Awesome. Did you each discover aviation separately or did one of you help the other?

Kaye, that's awesome!

When're you coming up here to work on your multi? ;)

That's fantastic. I love the Cardinals, that was on the top of my list until a Beech Sierra came my way.

Awesome. Did you each discover aviation separately or did one of you help the other?

I think I started it. A few years after I got my PPL, my nephew (Chuck's son) started flying lessons. He now has a Skymaster. Sometime along the way, Chuck started his training.

Come to think about it, brother #3 actually was the first in the family. Back in 1980, he went partners on a Cherokee 140 or 180 and started lessons. But he never completed the certificate, though he did a lot of flying, and finally got out of the airplane...one of the partners was just a little too crazy.

My flying buddy got his PPL in his late 60's and bought a Long EZ right away. Has over 1000 hrs. in it now in his mid 70's. Loves it.

Tell your brother to have a ball!!

I have a student who is pretty determined and is somewhere around 74 years old. He is also looking at buying.

1968 Cardinal 177 "2038 TT on airframe and engine"

I assume this means original engine. Which I also assume to be run out. What would an overhauled or reman engine cost for this plane?

I wonder if there's an STC for ten more hp.....

There is, I believe. There is also an STC for a 180hp upgrade.

Back