How can you tell what changed in the approach plate ?

jdwatson

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
JDW
Greetings !

I just got the latest Sportys DVD of approach plates. I noticed that my home airport has a few of the approaches flagged as changed. Cool beans! When I check my Jepp paper charts (that arrived on the same day), there's no change from my previous update (still Amend 6B ).

So I check the NTAP to see if there are any updates... nope. So, what gives ? How do I find out were there any changes ?

As a side note: Jeppesen shorted me 3 pages (5 approaches and 1 Airport diagram) from my SouthEast Express subscription.

Last edited:
Yep, checked all that. I use aeroplanner some too. I wish they would work the kinks out of their "Pro Planner - BETA". It's so frustrating to use, but when it does it's slick !

Is there a master list of all the approaches and their current ammendment designation ? Anyone ? Anyone ? Bueller ?

What I was hoping for was a master list from the FAA that would list by approach what the current amendment designation is for that approach. Certainly it's out there someplace... just like the truth. Scully !!!!!

You are looking for the AIP available by subscription from NACO.

NACO publishes some information on the Dates of Latest Editions page its Web site.

For example, it publishes a document that contains the dates of the latest editions of sectionals, etc.

Unfortunately, NACO 28 and 56 Day Aeronautical Products is just a calendar showing the dates of publication of new IAP charts, not a list of dates for each procedure.

NACO notes that "
The volumes are revised every 56 days. A CHANGE NOTICE is published at the midpoint between revisions in bound volume format."

You can fill out a feedback form for the TERPS folks. You might get some action toward publishing the data you want via that route.

And you can also cross-check your charts against the FDC NOTAMs.

Back