How can we be seen as less geeky... Hmmmm..

They want to do less SciFi and more UFO and ghosts and wrestling.

Time to remove the channel from my favorites list.

They want to do less SciFi and more UFO and ghosts and wrestling.

Time to remove the channel from my favorites list.

I removed it from my favorites list a long time ago. Once upon a time they had some good content but now it seems like mostly crap.

I prefer the Science Channel.

Now that Battlestar Galactica is winding down I might not watch it much anymore. It used to be our Friday nights.

If someone in their management things that Sci Fi is too geeky, maybe that person should no longer be in their management.

Now that Battlestar Galactica is winding down I might not watch it much anymore. It used to be our Friday nights.
BSG, Doctor Who and Eureka.

Nothing else on there I have any interest in, IIRC.

Doctor Who is also available on BBC America. BSG will be missed, as Babylon 5 already is.

Doctor Who is also available on BBC America. BSG will be missed, as Babylon 5 already is.
Yes, but BBC lags behind Sci Fi ... sorry SyFy on airing dates. And BBCA cuts material out that SyFy includes to cram in more commercials for themselves.

Course, NEITHER has run the 2008 XMas Special yet. I had to get that off a download.

Came on you guys don't like the crappy low budget sci-fi flick of the week with 35 minutes of ads per hour?????

My personal favorite was this one....
http://blogcritics.org/archives/2007/03/25/082949.php
Liking him on "Burn Notice" I stared searching for Bruce Campbell movies (NOT on SciFi.) :yikes: Somehow I haven't been in the mood to sit all the way through one yet. I'll have to pour some bourbon.

The Sci Fi movies are truly one of the most wasted opportunities I have yet witnessed. There are all sorts of wonderful science fiction stories that could be converted into two hour teleplays without huge special effects or expansive sets. Instead we get the creature of the week. Really, really sad.

The Sci Fi movies are truly one of the most wasted opportunities I have yet witnessed. There are all sorts of wonderful science fiction stories that could be converted into two hour teleplays without huge special effects or expansive sets. Instead we get the creature of the week. Really, really sad.

One hour teleplays?

The Twilight Zone.

Outer Limits.

My TiVo kept getting The Outer Limits for me as a suggestion. You could predict the ending just by the description of the story. I'd fast forward through it to see the really cheap makeup and special effects, then enjoy the pay off in the last 3 minutes.

A lot of the older science fiction was situation or character based, and there is truly a wealth of source material.

Episods of Battlestar Galactia (various incarnations), Eureka and Babylon 5 (first two seasons) can be found on Hulu.com
Hulu is great. I missed ER on Thursday because I had to work until 10:30pm. But thanks to Hulu I go to watch the episode commercial free!!

Anyone know what data download speed you need to watch Hulu in HD at full screen? I run 1.5Mbps and it bogs down. If I add a computer for media to an HD monitor I was wondering what type of data service I would have to upgrade to.

What's nust about this is like with TechTV.

Comcast buys it solely to get the carriers to get the G4 gamers channel into more homes.

So they think techies aren't a market, but gamers, that's golden! Why woudl you want go for IT professionals and internet billionares when want Beavis and Butthead playing Grand Theft Auto?

They seriously said the gamers hated the techie stuff, even when most gamers are homebuilders who must have the cutting edge PCs.

The SciFi fans are the same. Now they can get UFO believers and wrestling fans, like there aren't any other channels for those.

I thought the "History" Channel was the UFO, Ghost, and Crystal Skull network :)

I thought the "History" Channel was the UFO, Ghost, and Crystal Skull network :)

'Zactly! Discovery Science channel, too?

Point is they HAD a unique niche. They want a niche the same as all of the other ones.

What's next? The Golf, Polo and Wrestling channel?

Back