How can I record Cockpit Video & Audio with iPhone

Any bluetooth headphones that can record on iphone? I was thinking just putting some bluetooth earphones in your earcup and just connect it with your phone. Good to go.

I use this one with my Android phone (Galaxy S7). It uses a 4 pole jack that they say will work with "any standard smartphone headset jack". I have no idea if it will work with an iPhone but I can vouch for the quality at least. It works perfectly with my phone - the sound comes out crystal clear.

That said, I haven't attempted to record video with the phone, because I don't see how I could mount it in a way that would be useful to me. I could probably get a smartphone mount designed for a car dashboard to work, but then the phone would be in front of me. To be useful for training purposes (which is why I record audio and video) the camera really needs to be behind you, picking up your control inputs.

Presumably it should work with the iphone since one of the pictures involve the picture of the cable being plugged into the iphone. So unless they are messing with us, it should work on iphone too. I think the headphone trick would be the most simple and cheapest sollution but the cable that you posted would appear to be the best overall option if you are willing to pay a bit more.

I use this one with my Android phone (Galaxy S7). It uses a 4 pole jack that they say will work with "any standard smartphone headset jack". I have no idea if it will work with an iPhone but I can vouch for the quality at least. It works perfectly with my phone - the sound comes out crystal clear.

That said, I haven't attempted to record video with the phone, because I don't see how I could mount it in a way that would be useful to me. I could probably get a smartphone mount designed for a car dashboard to work, but then the phone would be in front of me. To be useful for training purposes (which is why I record audio and video) the camera really needs to be behind you, picking up your control inputs.

I bought and tried the pilot USA cable. It sucks. Incredibly scratchy and and Skippy although it does record cockpit audio.

Will return for a refund.
I use the pilot USA cable, but with a Contour, not an iPhone. It's worked great for me. I don't know what could cause problems unless you had a bad cable or a loose connection.

What would be a good action camera for under $50 preferably, $100 might be ok.

Back