Houston next week?

Lance F

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Lance F
I'm flying my Mooney into Houston (HOU) Sunday afternoon and will be working in Houston until Friday. Will be staying at the Hampton Inn at Hobby. Anybody around?

I'm flying my Mooney into Houston (HOU) Sunday afternoon and will be working in Houston until Friday. Will be staying at the Hampton Inn at Hobby. Anybody around?

No current plans, but maybe I try to get down there...

...touch base with PJ Gustafson, and meet him at the 1940 Air Terminal museum- it is a great facility, and is gonna get better. You can touch my 140 while you're there!

Well, you guys are 3 of about 1050 people who think that baby is theirs. We'll find out who it really belongs to next Saturday, 7/19! Plus, we'll find out what the museum is going to give away next year! (Lance, are you sure you can't stick around an extra day for the festivities?)

PJ and Lance, let me know what time y'all will try to meet. I'll give it a shot to be down there since things are a little more flexible now.

PJ and Lance, let me know what time y'all will try to meet. I'll give it a shot to be down there since things are a little more flexible now.
The plan is 7PM Tuesday evening somewhere in the vicinity of Hobby. ALL are invited!

So the plan is that I'll pick up Lance and possibly his coworker from his hotel between 6:30 and 6:45p. Then we'll meet up with Ric and Ken at the restaurant where Ric took Lance the last time he was in town. Ric, I just left you a voicemail to find out which one, please call me back. Ken, once I hear from Ric I'll call you and let you know. If I don't hear from Ric by the time I pick up Lance, I'll call you and we can decide where to go from there.

Spike, there's still time if you head to the airport now... I'll even let you park on the museum ramp for free at HOU. :)

Applebees at 5103 Fairmont has AYCE riblets, wings and fried shrimp for $9.99. Any thoughts?

I just talked to Lance, he'll be working a bit late and won't be back at his hotel until right around 7, so I'll meet him then. Spike, he just bought you a few more minutes, you best hurry and get that Bo fired up! :)

Ken, I'm game for that if the other guys are.

Come on, Spike.... burn some fuel and make an oil company executive smile! :)

Man, don't I wish I could! But I was tied up with a "git 'er done" project and, at the time I would have had to leave, it was death-weather anyway.

Y'all get to have the real fun! All I do is work.

Man, don't I wish I could! But I was tied up with a "git 'er done" project and, at the time I would have had to leave, it was death-weather anyway.

Y'all get to have the real fun! All I do is work.
Ya missed out on some good pilot stories. We wiped out their riblet supply. PJ was the worst offender!

:D

Ya missed out on some good pilot stories. We wiped out their riblet supply. PJ was the worst offender!

:D

Yeah Spike, you definitely missed a good time. Thanks to everyone for coming out!

If by "worst offender" you mean "had one less plate than the other three guys", then I'm guilty as charged.

thanks guys for taking your time last night. The Houston get together was a great success from my standpoint. Skip, sorry you couldn't come. Next time barbeque in Dallas (or the Hill Country).

Great pilot stories as Ken said. However I am disappointed we did not put the final answer to the question of flying across Lake Michigan, in a single engine plane, in winter, at night, in IMC, with an inoperative oil pressure gauge, without a current sectional and without filing a flight plan. so we will have to reconvene in the future to further consider this weighty matter.

thanks guys for taking your time last night. The Houston get together was a great success from my standpoint. Skip, sorry you couldn't come. Next time barbeque in Dallas (or the Hill Country).

Great pilot stories as Ken said. However I am disappointed we did not put the final answer to the question of flying across Lake Michigan, in a single engine plane, in winter, at night, in IMC, with an inoperative oil pressure gauge, without a current sectional and without filing a flight plan. so we will have to reconvene in the future to further consider this weighty matter.
:rofl:

However I am disappointed we did not put the final nswer to the question of flying across Lake Michigan, in a single engine plane, in winter, at night, in IMC, with an inoperative oil pressure gauge, without a current sectional and without filing a flight plan. so we will have to reconvene in the future to further consider this weighty matter.
Yeah, that's all fine and dandy. But what do you do when the COMs quit?:dunno::rofl:

LOL! Next time... we had to give you a reason to come back!

Back