Housing crisis explained

Dave Siciliano

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Siciliano
C-Span hosted a round table with an economist from Moody's, two state leaders and the chief economist from B of A. It was an excellent overview. The thought from Mark Zandy (sic--I didn't see it spelled) at Moody's is this problem will last into the next decade for several reasons. It's almost two hours long and my server timed out several times, but if you;re really trying to get your arms around this problem, it's excellent.

http://tinyurl.com/626m7p

It was on page 9 when I listened to it. the title was National Governor's Association Housing Summit; if it's been moved you can find it by title.

Best,

Dave

It's taking too long to get started on my computer right now, but I'm definitely interested in hearing it later. We just closed on our house back in ATL after 1 1/2 years on the market. We took a big loss, and paid closing costs, realtor fees, etc. Tough market to sell in now.....although our alternative was to continue paying two mortgages and two sets of housing bills - obviously, the short term loss was a better option.

Glad to be rid of it though - it's just a tough market.

The thought from Mark Zandy (sic--I didn't see it spelled) at Moody's is this problem will last into the next decade for several reasons.

What? Moody's said everything was AAA until well past the time it was clear things weren't. (Hey! Just yesterday they said they may downgrade Ambac and MBIA. Thanks a pantload!)

What are the odds this guy is right about this prediction?

-Rich

Actually, Moody's wouldn't listen to this fella before (they purchased his company some times ago.) Seems they are now more receptive to his views <g>

Best,

Dave

I like this one better.

*****Warning Some Offensive Language******

James Dean

Attachments

• Sub Prime Explanation.pps
    2.4 MB · Views: 14
I like this one better.

*****Warning Some Offensive Language******

James Dean

I may print out the "Office of the Accounting Czar" slide and tack it up next to FASB 157. I actually chortled when I read that slide..

Cheers,

-Andrew

Back