Hour building opportunity on C182 in the Knoxville, TN area

kudupeester

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Kudupeester
Dear all,

*I am new to the forum and I hope this is the right place for the post. If not, MODS please move it to the appropriate place.

Our company owns a C182 and has to fly grids over populated areas (very much like arial surveying) once a month for customers. The plane does about 30 hours per month at present and we are likely to double that in the next few months. There is also a good chance that we will get an additional plane.

At the moment we are using commercial pilots on an ad hoc basis, as an when they are available and as and when we need them, to carry out our missions. We cannot afford to pay our pilots very much but the opportunity build hours on a complex platform is attractive to youngsters who are working towards an ATP.

Can anyone please direct me to where the best place would be to "advertise" an opportunity such as this or alternatively to put me in touch with someone who would be interested in something like this?

Thank you in advance!

I would think if you went to any local flight school and started talking to the CFIs there, you'd easily get a few takers. Post a flyer on the wall if you have to. I don't think anything more high-tech or needing much more effort would be required.

You're not asking for a very specialized experience set, so the pool of available and interested people should be pretty large.

I would think if you went to any local flight school and started talking to the CFIs there, you'd easily get a few takers. Post a flyer on the wall if you have to. I don't think anything more high-tech or needing much more effort would be required.

You're not asking for a very specialized experience set, so the pool of available and interested people should be pretty large.

Thanks, RussR, yes we are using one guy from the local flying school but ideally we would like to have a wide gene pool so I am spreading the word.

You are right, it is not a very specialized skills set so there should be a big enough pool.

Back