Hotel Recommendations Needed for Myrtle Beach

Mooney Fan

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Mooney Fan
The wife and I are wanting to hit the beach. Thinking about heading over to Myrtle Beach. Anyone have any hotel recommendations? Want something right on the beach

Thanks

myrtle or N. myrtle? I'm no pro as I've only stayed in N. myrtle several times. it's slightly less crowded. all hotels on the beach at this stage will be gobs of moneys. I clearly didn't help you at all, but there's my feedback. also, when are you going so the southeast PoA crew can come get a taste of some of Mrs. Mooney Fan's cooking?

myrtle or N. myrtle? I'm no pro as I've only stayed in N. myrtle several times. it's slightly less crowded. all hotels on the beach at this stage will be gobs of moneys. I clearly didn't help you at all, but there's my feedback. also, when are you going so the southeast PoA crew can come get a taste of some of Mrs. Mooney Fan's cooking?
lol... I'll let you know when we get back

Not much help here, but we stay at the Hampton Inn at Broadway at the Beach several times per year. It’s our go-to...

If you go into North Myrtle,you can get a condo right on the beach . The hotels in Myrtle beach are crazy expensive. I usually stay in a Hampton,but it’s not on the beach.

I live in South Carolina and travel to Myrtle Beach periodically. I assume you want to be on the beach and have some nice amenities such as a pool and pool bar, in-hotel restaurant, and nice rooms. I can highly recommend the Marriott Grand Dunes. As far as South Carolina beaches go, take a look at Isle of Palms and the Wild Dunes Resort. Isle of Palms is near Charleston and is much more upscale than Myrtle Beach. Myrtle Beach will have the tourist traps [ mini golf, etc] where Isle of Palms will offer a slower pace and much, much better authentic southern food. Your airport for Myrtle Beach will be KCRE and Mount Pleasant will be KLRO. Both are nice airports but KLRO always has a tricky crosswind.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/myrgd-myrtle-beach-marriott-resort-and-spa-at-grande-dunes/

https://www.destinationhotels.com/wild-dunes

Is it easier to get to myrtle from CRE than from MYR?
Good question. The area that is often call "Myrtle Beach" or the "Grand Strand" can go from Georgetown to North Myrtle Beach or a stretch of some 40 miles along the coast. So it would depend on the destination as to where the best place to land. The Marriott Grand Dunes is located at the northern part of Myrtle Beach and could be accessed from either airport. I just don't care for KMYR due to landing fees and the commercial traffic. KCRE has good folks there and more of a general aviation feel about it.

.....KCRE has good folks there and more of a general aviation feel about it.

Amen to that

ff360ae5af4c48c47ef2f8f887ab51dd.jpg

Not much help here, but we stay at the Hampton Inn at Broadway at the Beach several times per year. It’s our go-to...

And just like that I just booked a room at the Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort for my son and I on Father’s Day weekend. Better rate, beach front, and provides access to the resort’s water park. Also gets us close to my son’s favorite breakfast joint and Pirates Voyage for dinner one night.

We’ve always flown into MYR. $15/night (1st night waived with fuel) and rental car delivered to FBO. They also have courtesy cars that I’ve used many times. Never tried CRE, so cant speak to that.

And just like that I just booked a room at the Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort for my son and I on Father’s Day weekend. Better rate, beach front, and provides access to the resort’s water park. Also gets us close to my son’s favorite breakfast joint and Pirates Voyage for dinner one night.

We’ve always flown into MYR. $15/night (1st night waived with fuel) and rental car delivered to FBO. They also have courtesy cars that I’ve used many times. Never tried CRE, so cant speak to that.

You do know that KCRE is only three miles from the Hilton?

You do know that KCRE is only three miles from the Hilton?

I do, yes. However, as I said, we usually stay at the Hampton Inn at Broadway at the Beach. It’s closer to my family in Murrells Inlet. This time, we’re trying the Hilton...never stayed there before.

Well??? How did it go???

If you’re asking me, the hotel was great! Free parking garage, Starbucks in the lobby, really nice rooms and I think they all face the beach, access to like 5 pools and a water playground for the kids, pool-side bar, indoor pool, three separate lines for the breakfast bar...the works.

I like flying into MYR; never had a need to try CRE. I think I started with MYR due to some bad reviews on CRE and just never considered trying it for a change.

If you’re asking me, the hotel was great! Free parking garage, Starbucks in the lobby, really nice rooms and I think they all face the beach, access to like 5 pools and a water playground for the kids, pool-side bar, indoor pool, three separate lines for the breakfast bar...the works.

I like flying into MYR; never had a need to try CRE. I think I started with MYR due to some bad reviews on CRE and just never considered trying it for a change.

Sounds like it was a great trip. It’s nice to know that the hotel is still a good place to stay. Glad you enjoyed it.

Back