Hotel and golfing in/around San Diego?

Lndwarrior

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Gary
My wife loves golf and I support her, as she supports my flying. We are NOT good golfers and do not belong on a high-end golf course. I want to surprise her with a trip down this way.

I am looking for just a "half-decent" golf course in rental car driving range of San Diego. Also would like a decent hotel, motel, AirBnb, nearby. Mid price range, maybe $150- $200 night.

Thinking about Mar. 6th to 9th, 2023

Any suggestions?

TIA

Torrey Pines is on my list of lifetime golf clubs.
You should do it. Your wife would love it

Torrey Pines is on my list of lifetime golf clubs.
You should do it. Your wife would love it
I appreciate the response. In our case my wife might like the scenery but would be intimated by the course and the people there. She would be too stressed to enjoy it.

We need something that is much more hacker-friendly.

Many aren't aware that Torrey Pines is a municipal course. Doesn't have the country-club vibe you'd expect from a PGA Championship site. I really don't think you'll feel intimidated. Okay, maybe by the course, but not the people. They're pretty chill down there.

C.

Many aren't aware that Torrey Pines is a municipal course. Doesn't have the country-club vibe you'd expect from a PGA Championship site. I really don't think you'll feel intimidated. Okay, maybe by the course, but not the people. They're pretty chill down there.

C.
Ok, I did not know that! Thanks for taking the time to explain.

Back