Hot stormscope--need advice

I had a WX 500 that displayed on my 530 as well, great set up! I don't think I would spend what it takes to put one in, but I would spend a couple bucks to keep one working.
If I could only have one of the three in order of importance to me for my flying:

1. XM weather
2. live radar
3. Storm scope

Not many good options for on-board radar on light singles. The general consensus seems to be that the 'in wing' version with the cropped antenna offered on the Bonanza for a while was rather useless. I know one guy who flew a lot with the pod on his T210 and found it a useful tool. The TBM, PC12 and Caravan have a pod on the wing, I am not sure whether their antenna is larger than what was available for the 210.

Not many good options for on-board radar on light singles. The general consensus seems to be that the 'in wing' version with the cropped antenna offered on the Bonanza for a while was rather useless. I know one guy who flew a lot with the pod on his T210 and found it a useful tool. The TBM, PC12 and Caravan have a pod on the wing, I am not sure whether their antenna is larger than what was available for the 210.

I'd disagree with that assessment, at least on the Bonanza. I had some clients with a KWX56 in a wing pod on an A36 Bonanza and it worked just fine.

I'd disagree with that assessment, at least on the Bonanza. I had some clients with a KWX56 in a wing pod on an A36 Bonanza and it worked just fine.

The pods seem to work, just like on the 210. The solution that didn't work was contained within the contour of the wing and scanned through a fiberglass skin. I want to say the tradename was 'weatherscout'.

I wouldn't want to have another pod, I would however give up 6 gallons of fuel capacity if there was a way to install a good radar into the front 1/3 of one of the tip-tanks.

Back