Hot day, max load, should I use flaps on takeoff

The book on my plane states distances in and out over obstacles that exceed the length of my home strip for the past 25 years.

POH says max performance takeoff to clear a 50' obstacle ground run is 625', over 50' is 1205'.

Approach is listed at 71mph. Ground roll 480', to clear 50' obstacle 1365'.

My strip used to be 900' with 100' trees at 1100'. It's now about 1100' and 1400' to 100' trees. I started with a 172XP. Then a stock motor 180. Then an increased gross (plus 390#) and a power increase. Never a problem with any of them when the strip was shorter. My mid weight these days is my old gross weight and I do appreciate more tree clearance the bigger engine provides, but the fact remains that the stock gross and stock motor did better than book. In either case the landing distance Numbers are easier to Beat. For landing a big motor won't help. 1365' would put me off the end of my strip and my trees are considerably taller than 50'. I generally coast easily into my tie down spot that's approx 1100' from the 100' trees. 400' of strip to spare. True numbers.

Gusty winds over tall trees on a narrow strip can make things dicier, but common sense is the reduce the load if the safety margin needs to be improved. That's just common sense, and the book doesn't cover that.

To the OP. My POH procedures don't change for temperatures or loads. The only correction offered is to increase distances by 10% for every 25* above standard day temp (59*). Same speeds, same procedures.

Back