Hose kits

bnt83

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Brian
I'm always leary about ordering hose kits as it just makes sense to send out the hoses I have and know the new ones will be the right length. Well that didn't happen for my Dad's airplane since he decided to order a kit. None of them are the same as the originals and one of them has a flap cut into the hose liner by the nipple.

Needless to say I'm not impressed. :mad:

guess you should have just made your own. What did they say about it?

Where did they come from, we use hose kits rather frequently when swapping hoses. AROW has been spot on each time.

Just gave me an RMA and said send them back. Thats not so bad.

An aircraft hose builder sent out a obviously defectivive hose and all they do is give you a RMA # :dunno:...... Personally I would march straight down to the FSDO and show them the defect and insist someone cures their poor quality control system...... IMHO...

Where did they come from, we use hose kits rather frequently when swapping hoses. AROW has been spot on each time.

FWIW, this is serial # 21... Again the first 100 or so Cessnas are all prototypes.

Or they had a new guy who measured from the wrong location and that's why each of them are alomst the same length too long.

An aircraft hose builder sent out a obviously defectivive hose and all they do is give you a RMA # :dunno:...... Personally I would march straight down to the FSDO and show them the defect and insist someone cures their poor quality control system...... IMHO...

Nothing would come of it. DOA (dead on arrival) parts are more common than you are aware of.

The flap I mentioned is small so it was easily missed nor would I expect it cause a problem in service. That being said, I wouldn't install it.

Nothing would come of it. DOA (dead on arrival) parts are more common than you are aware of.

The flap I mentioned is small so it was easily missed nor would I expect it cause a problem in service. That being said, I wouldn't install it.

This is EXACTLY why I build all my own parts....

It always amazes me how 99% of the population hears the word " FAA APPROVED" and assumes the quality it top notch and multiple checks were performed during an extensive quality control program........ :eek::(

This is EXACTLY why I build all my own parts....

It always amazes me how 99% of the population hears the word " FAA APPROVED" and assumes the quality it top notch and multiple checks were performed during an extensive quality control program........ :eek::(

Nothing is more frustrating than a PC board, magic box, valve or actuator, that was extreemly difficult to find in the maintenance event time frame, and it was DOA.

Even more frustrating is getting a "NEW" CVR or FDR and the underwater locator beacon is expired.

Last edited:
What I've been tellin' folks for years: "Just 'cause it's new don't mean it's any good".

And for the folks that bought a "used" part. Wha'dya expect? th' One ya replaced with it, was "used".

Back