Horns on planes

Several Boeing models have them. I'd assume Airbus too but don't know for fact.

With that said...

Same reason planes don't have windshield wipers.

My airplane has a horn. I've also flown planes with windshield wipers and mirrors.

Methinks the OP needs to get off the computer and get out more.

Since I've seem some audio panels that have a button/switch for external, I'd love to hook up an external speaker somewhere, then when I pull up to the FBO, use a soundboard on my iPhone to play either an O-Oogha horn, La Cucaracha, or "Dixie" (like the General Lee).

The local rampers would just looooove me.

Or circle over Spike's house playing the Aggie War Hymn! Gig'em!!!

My airplane has a horn. I've also flown planes with windshield wipers and mirrors.

Methinks the OP needs to get off the computer and get out more.

You can't possibly think I'm the OP of this thread too...

Since I've seem some audio panels that have a button/switch for external, I'd love to hook up an external speaker somewhere, then when I pull up to the FBO, use a soundboard on my iPhone to play either an O-Oogha horn, La Cucaracha, or "Dixie" (like the General Lee).

The local rampers would just looooove me.

Or circle over Spike's house playing the Aggie War Hymn! Gig'em!!!

Or play flight of the Valkyries when landing at a fly in.

Not exactly horns, but I flew 2 planes with sirens. One was a Stinson towing banners the other was a PA-12 flying pipeline, routes that often went through cities. Both were so equipped in case of engine failure you could give warning to those below.

We carried a hand-held air horn for awhile to scare the geese off of the taxiway at Danbury. Abandoned the idea because the geese are just as unconcerned about the air horn as they are of the spinning propeller. They get up and walk away when they decide to.

BTW, Judging by the activity on the streets of New York City, taxi drivers are geese.

In my first week of ground school the instructor was talking about emergency landings in pastures vs corn fields. One student expressed concerns about hitting a cow and another said she thought if you blew the stall horn the cows would move out of the way.

I have a horn on my canard that honks like a duck - go figure...:wink2:

That was a bit uncalled for.
Not really.

Considering your track record and asinine/downright assoholic comments on some other recent threads here, no....it s not.

You seriously come across like some high school kid who probably belongs over at Flightsim.com.

Not really.

Considering your track record and asinine/downright assoholic comments on some other recent threads here, no....it s not.

You seriously come across like some high school kid who probably belongs over at Flightsim.com.

This post was also uncalled for. Maybe you need to reevaluate your insults and act more maturely.

One of the AOPA pilot weekly TV shows this year had Ron Machado suggesting that you carry a small can fed air horn to warn others when you taxi.

Not really.

Gee whiz Hotrod - take a chill pill or something.....:yes:

Back