Horizon Jumpseater goes crazy

flyingron

Administrator
Management Council Member
Display Name

Display name:
FlyingRon
Last edited:
Article said authorized. They did deauthorize him and threw him out. Wonder if it was a disgruntled Horizon pilot or stew. Pilot or stew from another airline. Maybe a Controller on a Fam Trip. Maybe an FAA inspector there to evaluate, that would be juicy news. Get your bets down ladies and gentlemen. I'm putting a hundred on disgruntled Horizon employee.

He's being charged with 83 counts of murder.

So there it is.

On October 22, Alaska Airlines Flight 2059 operated by Horizon Air from Everett, WA (PAE) to San Francisco, CA (SFO) reported a credible security threat related to an authorized occupant in the flight deck jump seat. No weapons were involved, and the crew was able to secure the cabin without incident.

Interesting charges.

The E175 has T handles in the overhead for each engine. Pulling the handle down cuts off fuel, hydraulics, and bleed air, effectively killing the engine. You can then rotate the handle left or right to discharge either of the two firebottles into the engine.

Sort of glad he pulled this crap from the jump seat and not at his usual crew station when on the clock. I have to imagine he'd have seen better success ruining his route instead of some other crew's.

Jeez.

Attempted mass murder. Moron. Probably some type of mental breakdown.

Dang! An Alaska pilot grabbing the fire-pull T-handles? That is beyond crazy-as-F! I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the rest of the story!

Dang! An Alaska pilot grabbing the fire-pull T-handles? That is beyond crazy-as-F! I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the rest of the story!

they were also out of coffee.

Humor aside, I will be curious to find out more about this.

We assume it was an intentional act?
Was he under the influence of drugs or alcohol?
Was he under stress or other factors?
Was he attempting suicide?
Basically, what was his motivation?

Believe it or not - the makes the most rationale sense here.
Not that they might be bright red or marked ENGINE FIRE or black and yellow stripes or ....... Probably had to stand up to reach or at least lean way forward to reach.

Never been in an Embraer E175 Cockpit but I doubt the handles are that far behind the pilots that this nutter could easily get to them when sitting in the jump seat.

Believe it or not - the makes the most rationale sense here.

It does not make the most rational sense. I rode in the jumpseat of an E175 a couple times and even I (A not airline pilot) was able to clearly identify them as the Fire handles.

F218A999-48FC-4C70-8987-E7383EAC68D3.jpeg

Hmmm...Would have thought that he would have waited until he was actual PIC, if murder was his intent.

Concur, It's just interesting he didn't fire the bottle.

We assume it was an intentional act?
Was he under the influence of drugs or alcohol?
Was he under stress or other factors?
Was he attempting suicide?
Basically, what was his motivation?

Maybe he passed gas and was trying to cover it up...

Back