Horizon Instruments P-1000 STC

Dane

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Dane
Does anyone have a copy of STC SA5843NM for a Horizon Instruments P-1000 digital tachometer (P/N 100-071-608-01) and the associated Flight Manual Supplement? It would be for installation in a PA-32-300.

Horizon Instruments has gone out of business, and the STC does not appear to be available on the FAA website, nor has an exhaustive Google search turned up anything.

Thanks!

- Dane

the STC does not appear to be available on the FAA website
Contact the LA ACO to see the current status of the STC holder and STC documentation. If it has been abandoned the ACO can assist in getting you that documentation.

STC Number:

SA5843NM

This certificate issued to:
Horizon Instruments Inc

STC Holder's Address:
600 S Jefferson St, Unit C
Placentia CA 92870
United States

Description of the Type Design Change:
Installation of an engine electronic digital tachometer.

Application Date:

Amended, 01/14/2002

Responsible Office:
Los Angeles ACO Branch, Tel: +1 (562) 627-5200

TC Number -- Make -- Model:
A3SO -- Piper Aircraft, Inc., The New -- PA-32R-300
A3SO -- Piper Aircraft, Inc., The New -- PA-32-301T
A3SO -- Piper Aircraft, Inc., The New -- PA-32-300
A3SO -- Piper Aircraft, Inc., The New -- PA-32RT-300
A3SO -- Piper Aircraft, Inc., The New -- PA-32RT-300T
A3SO -- Piper Aircraft, Inc., The New -- PA-32R-301(SP)
A3SO -- Piper Aircraft, Inc., The New -- PA-32R-301(HP)
A3SO -- Piper Aircraft, Inc., The New -- PA-32R-301T
A3SO -- Piper Aircraft, Inc., The New -- PA-32-301
A3SO -- Piper Aircraft, Inc., The New -- PA-32-260

Contact the LA ACO to see the current status of the STC holder and STC documentation. If it has been abandoned the ACO can assist in getting you that documentation.

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried that, and the LA ACO has not been very responsive. Thus, my reason for reaching out to the pilot community to see if another PA-32 pilot might have a copy of the STC.

the LA ACO has not been very responsive.
Curious. Can you elaborate more on the "unresponsive" side? Regardless, without an STC permission letter from either the holder or the ACO the paperwork is worthless to install one. Your other option is to pursue a field approval through your APIA and FSDO and get your own data approved.

Can you elaborate more on the "unresponsive" side?

The folks at the LA ACO stated that the company that issued the STC is out of business (which we know), and that the associated documents are now in storage at the Riverside office, which is closed due to COVID. They stated that I’d therefore have to do “my own research”.

In this instance, I’m looking to get a duplicate copy of the STC and Flight Supplement for a P-1000 that was installed years ago and for which the original documentation was lost.

that the associated documents are now in storage at the Riverside office, which is closed due to COVID.
I was hoping this was the reason. This has been an issue FAA wide. It's not what you need, but I found a supplement for an Arrow that may hold you over till you can get the proper documents once the ACO reopens. Technically, since the tach was previously installed you do not need a copy of the STC as part of the aircraft record. However, you do need the AFM supplement. Perhaps with one eye closed this will work or at least give you an idea what you are looking for. If I do run across one for STC SA5843NM I'll get it to you. Good luck.

Attachments

• Piper_Arrow_II_POH.pdf
    178 KB · Views: 20
Thanks to the FAA aircraft records department, I was able to get a hold of STC SA5843NM. I've attached it in case anyone else is interested.

I'm still looking for the Flight Manual Supplement for a Horizon Instruments P-1000 digital tachometer, either P/N 100-071-608-01 or 100-071-608-00.

Attachments

• STC SA5843NM.pdf
    150.6 KB · Views: 35
Hello Dane, hello Bell206,

I am also looking for the AFM Supplement of this P-1000 Tachometer from Horizon Instrument, but for a Piper Dakota PA-28-236. I already have the STC and the Form 337. I have searched it everywhere on internet, but cannot find it except for other aircraft (Piper PA-28R-200 or Cessna R172K). If you manage to find it, I would be so grateful!
Thanks a lot for your help,
Marie

I have the stc and afm supplement for a pa-32 if still needed send me a pm.

Back