Horizon Instruments gone out of business??

hypnofonic

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
hypnofonic
Been trying to get a hold of Horizon Instruments in CA regarding re-calibrating/re-programming their P-1000 tachometer for me and they aren't answering their phone nor responding to their emails.

Anyone know what is up? I hope they haven't closed their doors and gone out of business?!

Summer shut down?

I have had a few customers that decide around the 4th of July is vacation time, and close down 100% for 2 weeks.

Summer shut down?

I have had a few customers that decide around the 4th of July is vacation time, and close down 100% for 2 weeks.
I think that's a Northern Michigan thing, so they can catch the two weeks of summer.

I think that's a Northern Michigan thing, so they can catch the two weeks of summer.

Didn't realize the Detroit area was in northern Michigan. No wonder you're employed at OSU.

I too tried and failed to get up with them yesterday. Hopefully Edfred is correct. But you would think that the voicemail greeting would mention such a thing.

They are on my way to Aircraft Spruce, may be going in the next couple days or so, I'll swing by and see if I can figure anything out.

I stopped by today. They are still in business. The lady I talked to was really nice, I think she was the owner. She said her mother just had some health issues which is why they’ve been off the map. She said just send it what you need re-calibrated with a note on the work you need and they’ll take care of it. She didn’t give any indication as to when she’d start returning phone calls.

I stopped by today. They are still in business. The lady I talked to was really nice, I think she was the owner. She said her mother just had some health issues which is why they’ve been off the map. She said just send it what you need re-calibrated with a note on the work you need and they’ll take care of it. She didn’t give any indication as to when she’d start returning phone calls.

Woohoooo awesome, thank you so much! Will send it with a note! Cheers!

Hi guys,
We spoke to a nice person there in Dec to have our tach reprogrammed, sent it on Feb 5, and now can’t reach anyone since then! We’ve left messages and contact us emails, but nobody picks up the phone, returns the calls or emails. Our club plane is grounded, with no end in sight. Any ideas what’s going on or what we can do?

Is anyone local enough that they can check up on Horizon?

Otherwise we’re looking at another tach :(

I did get my tach redone.. took a while. My mechanic talked to her and she instructed to send it in with all the info and she did finally call me back saying it’s done etc. If you don’t mind just mailing it in with what you’re wanting done and then start leaving messages. They are definitely still in business! :)

Hi guys,
We spoke to a nice person there in Dec to have our tach reprogrammed, sent it on Feb 5, and now can’t reach anyone since then! We’ve left messages and contact us emails, but nobody picks up the phone, returns the calls or emails. Our club plane is grounded, with no end in sight. Any ideas what’s going on or what we can do?

Is anyone local enough that they can check up on Horizon?

Otherwise we’re looking at another tach :(

Hypnofonic, we did that a month ago, and still no word :(

You need a log in to see your link. Can you copy and paste the content?

You need a log in to see your link. Can you copy and paste the content?
From 2021…
Just talked to the lady at Horizon Instruments (P1000 Digital Tach) and they are closing for good at the end of this month. She claims a casualty of COVID.
A few replies later…
While trying to find out more about why such a one-time cutting edge GA avionics manufacturer was seemingly unwilling to help to find a solution, IIRC I had heard from several sources that the owner/engineer who designed and began it had passed away, and his daughter who had inherited the STC wasn’t really interested in it anymore, and had been happy to just allow the company to rest on its laurels and sell units, but not to continue to innovate.
Pretty much the gist.

Back