HOPS Party Needs a Sponsor

It would be awesome if you could make it work to set up a table for us. The food won't be a full spread so a small table should get the job done. We can be flexible on time to make it work. I'm planning to be there all day Wednesday now, so it won't be hard to find time to set things up. I can probably even haul a cooler over from HBC and make a few trips with ice.
What time do you think would be the reasonably latest to start?

What time do you think would be the reasonably latest to start?
I have no strong feelings about that. I'm guessing planes will be bouncing onto the runway between the air shows, 6:30-8:00, so as long as we are up and running by 6:00 I can't imagine any complaints. I've only been to the show once, back in 2018, and don't remember anything about when the HOPS party took place except it was a lot of fun and eventually got stormed on something fierce.

So, I'm hearing the "HOPS Life Support Party" is on. It won't be as grand as two years ago, but we'll get together and have some fun and prime the pump for next year.

Do we have a head count? I'm wheels up tomorrow morning...ok, tray table up, I'm only flying as far as Chicago and then driving up.

So, I'm hearing the "HOPS Life Support Party" is on. It won't be as grand as two years ago, but we'll get together and have some fun and prime the pump for next year.

Do we have a head count? I'm wheels up tomorrow morning...ok, tray table up, I'm only flying as far as Chicago and then driving up.
Sounds like anywhere from 2 to 100.

I'd love to stop by if you all don't mind a couple kids being around. They should fit right in, and they dont drink that much.

I'd offer to bring something other than cash & beer if I was confident I'd be on the field, but coming in Wednesday morning there's a high likelihood we'll be camping at fld and riding the bus.

I'd love to stop by if you all don't mind a couple kids being around. They should fit right in, and they dont drink that much.

I'd offer to bring something other than cash & beer if I was confident I'd be on the field, but coming in Wednesday morning there's a high likelihood we'll be camping at fld and riding the bus.

How late to the buses run back to FLD on Wednesday? I’d think there’d be late ones due to the night air show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me check if kids will be okay...

I’ll be out of town.
Yep, bring the kids.

As they put it at my recent class reunion, kids are welcome but at your own risk.

How late to the buses run back to FLD on Wednesday? I’d think there’d be late ones due to the night air show.

They say they run a couple trips after the night show. Bad part is it'll be around $100 each day for all of us. I really hope we can get into gac. Looking like there might be some weather wed morning, so maybe we'll have a chance if I can get an ifr slot.

Let me check if kids will be okay...
@eman1200 is the one I was worried about. He talked my wife into blowing up one of our camp chairs at rough river. Or something like that.

By Wednesday, spots should be opening up as people leave.

Time typically is after the expo closes and before the night air show starts. From the N40, you can see quite a few acts departing and arriving.

Seriously, you guys are amazing!

We've been flying around the country for the last ten days, and I haven't checked POA in weeks....and you guys are trying to save the HOPS Party??

Awesome!

- You need tables & chairs? We've got them.

- You need the big white chalet tent? We've got it.

- You need the 25' Texas flag pole? Got it.

Best of all: We are here right now in row 504! Literally right behind the registration building. Got here Tuesday.

We got here way early, and are currently "camping" in the *shudder* Super 8. Our trailer full of camping gear (generator, microwave etc) arrives in the North 40 tomorrow noonish. After that we will have everything needed for the party except consumables.

If you guys seriously want to make this a grassroots party, we've got all the building blocks in Row 504.
--
Jay & Mary

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Jay, it is good to see you here again. Congratulations on the retirement.
I remember the rec.aviation days. I hadn't realized that was the origin of the HOPS name. Why did you leave out rec.aviation.ifr?
Because than it would have been the "HOPIS Party" -- and that doesn't tie into beer!
--
Jay & Mary

Seriously, you guys are amazing!

We've been flying around the country for the last ten days, and I haven't checked POA in weeks....and you guys are trying to save the HOPS Party??

Awesome!

- You need tables & chairs? We've got them.

- You need the big white chalet tent? We've got it.

- You need the 25' Texas flag pole? Got it.

Best of all: We are here right now in row 504! Literally right behind the registration building. Got here Tuesday.

We got here way early, and are currently "camping" in the *shudder* Super 8. Our trailer full of camping gear (generator, microwave etc) arrives in the North 40 tomorrow noonish. After that we will have everything needed for the party except consumables.

If you guys seriously want to make this a grassroots party, we've got all the building blocks in Row 504.
--
Jay & Mary

Mind if I start tagging you throughout the sign-up sheet in post #27? :cool:

Mind if I start tagging you throughout the sign-up sheet in post #27? :cool:
As long as the party is held at our chalet tent on our site, that's fine.

We don't want to move all this crap!
--
Jay

As long as the party is held at our chalet tent on our site, that's fine.

We don't want to move all this crap!
--
Jay

We are in Row 504. By tomorrow afternoon we will have the whole site set up.
91693fcc3eb5fb157e1be6ad3b52c3e8.jpg
3a54339db07959260e64bd882fc87b47.jpg

We are in Row 504. By tomorrow afternoon we will have the whole site set up.
91693fcc3eb5fb157e1be6ad3b52c3e8.jpg
3a54339db07959260e64bd882fc87b47.jpg

Lookin' good! I updated post #27.

Lookin' good! I updated post #27.
We set everything up today. Almost died in the heat and humidity!

We have tables chairs and name badges and markers. The only thing people must bring is consumables -- food (VERY IMPORTANT) and beer.

Ask people who attended the very first HOPS Party about what happened when no one ate any food!
--
Jay

I have the food covered unless someone wants to help out.

late here. Still lots of room in N40 and Scholler - I am right next to the cornfield, about 3 blocks south of the theater. GAC looked to be starting to fill up. I’ll bet by Sunday that’s all different.

We set everything up today. Almost died in the heat and humidity!

We have tables chairs and name badges and markers. The only thing people must bring is consumables -- food (VERY IMPORTANT) and beer.

Ask people who attended the very first HOPS Party about what happened when no one ate any food!
--
Jay

Jay, you are my hero. Food, beer, and how about stuff like napkins, garbage bags, etc.?

Jay, you are my hero. Food, beer, and how about stuff like napkins, garbage bags, etc.?
We have a lot of stuff left over from previous HOPS parties, but it would not hurt to grab a few more bags and napkins.

Don't forget water. If you rehydrate 50 people with alcohol the results can be...interesting.

7ec67b0576c040ce6d17c339a7141640.jpg

We have a lot of stuff left over from previous HOPS parties, but it would not hurt to grab a few more bags and napkins.

Don't forget water. If you rehydrate 50 people with alcohol the results can be...interesting.

I’ll bring some paper towels and trash bags. Yeah, and water too. Hopefully everyone else does what I’m planning: bring a bottle of water for each beer contributed.

Ok, we have a site. I will raid the Pak-n-sav for whatever they have. We should have at least a 6 pack for each person drinking. And we will have friends together.

Jay, most important question of all - do you prefer your kringle of the apple or almond variety?

Ok, we have a site. I will raid the Pak-n-sav for whatever they have. We should have at least a 6 pack for each person drinking. And we will have friends together.

Jay, most important question of all - do you prefer your kringle of the apple or almond variety?
Last I heard, last night, it’s O&H pecan for Jay. Though there’s a contender in Stevens point that I am drawing a blank on. Damn spotted cow!

My local brewery only sells four-packs of cans. I had to get two to make admission price of six beers. I’ll bring garbage bags and a roll of paper towels as well.

Pecan and raspberry!

Edit: Whoops, just saw the choices. Any of those are great!

I decided to try N40 this year as I was too late to make it into VAC and the S40 looks awful. Row 531, so I should be able to make it too!

Brought a 6-pack from Mississippi’s Lazy Magnolia Brewery “Southern Pecan”. :happydance:

Oh, and 53% chance of t-storms at the same time! Is that 100% chance of a tornado, lol?

Attachments

• A6A9F6C5-BE2F-4CE9-9B71-7804B0E416E5.png
    A6A9F6C5-BE2F-4CE9-9B71-7804B0E416E5.png
    318.7 KB · Views: 25
We got stormed on in 2018 and I had to find a stray bus back to VAC. The slog home the HBC should be easier this year, tornado or not. :)

For food, I will probably need a pack mule…errr…volunteer to help carry groceries. The plan is to take the bus to the store around 3-4, shop, and then take the bus back.

If you can help out, IM me your cell number and I’ll put together a group text.

For food, I will probably need a pack mule…errr…volunteer to help carry groceries. The plan is to take the bus to the store around 3-4, shop, and then take the bus back.

If you can help out, IM me your cell number and I’ll put together a group text.

Drop a location and the time you want me to be there, and I'll be there with potentially at least one in tow. Is there any public parking up there? I'm in Scholler and can bring a wagon to make the trek to Jay's site easier.

Not going to make HOPS after all, as we’re leaving early due to the storms in the forecast.

I’ve still got a six pack of Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan to donate. I’ll drop it by Jay’s site on the way out in the morning.

“Bomb’s Away!”

I just made the call to push our trip back, so we'll be up Thursday and miss the hops party as well. To that end I'm enjoying one of my admission beers this evening as a consolation.

I hope the forecast fizzles, all the airplanes (and people) stay safe, and we'll be able to connect with some of you later in the week.
16274317491508492504844856000392.jpg

I decided to try N40 this year as I was too late to make it into VAC and the S40 looks awful. Row 531, so I should be able to make it too!

Brought a 6-pack from Mississippi’s Lazy Magnolia Brewery “Southern Pecan”. :happydance:
I’m on 522!

Ok, so Steve and I have coordinated food.

bring beer and smiles. The rest should take care of itself, weather pending.

Back