HOPS Party Needs a Sponsor

Ok, so Steve and I have coordinated food.

bring beer and smiles. The rest should take care of itself, weather pending.
What time should I show up with beer and water? What’s the closest tram stop?

Found the tent. Flag was not flying at the moment. Dropped beer and water off on top of the plastic totes. Now in search of my missing wristband. They made them flimsy this year.

In light of the incoming severe weather we are going to cancel the HOPS party for tonight and reschedule it for Thursday night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In light of the incoming severe weather we are going to cancel the HOPS party for tonight and reschedule it for Thursday night

I'll add it back to my schedule! Hope you all stay safe up there tonight and the forecast turns out to be a nothing- burger.

The HOPS party has always been on Thursday. Sincerely, The Ministry of Truth.

See, this is what happens when I have too many pre-HOPS beers. I get my days all messed up. Sorry. I'll try not to let that happen again.

Well, that was sweet of you guys to postpone the party for me. I’ll be there with some homebrew in hand; a classic Czech Pilsner and Vienna lager.

It would be really great to get an idea of how many folks are showing up this year. Between this year just being different plus last night's storms, we don't know if 3 or 30 people are coming.

If you plan on coming to the HOPS party at Jay's plane on row 504 just inside the fence from the gate, please like this party or leave a comment. It would be helpful. Thanks!

Plan for this evening - the party starts immediately after the afternoon airshow and continues until the neighbors start throwing things. I am planning for about 30 people.

Food will arrive approximately 5 pm, but if you show up with a chair and beverages, nobody will be upset if you sit and watch the airshow.

If you want to contribute, ask Jay about the need for ice, that's the only consumable that I can think of.

We lucked out & got put in 505

Speaking of which - whether you're flying or driving, there are LOTS of empty spaces up close. I saw a tenting space east of doolittle in scholler. Debated moving, but for two nights, probably not worth it.

wonder if you gotta be careful of your plane sinking in your parking spot........

Anyone who brings ice would be awesome. We've got coolers, but ice is always needed in the North 40.
--
Jay

Did you all survive the party?

We did! We had a great time. Thanks to everyone for coming out, and big thanks to Brian for the grub run (and the guys at the gate that less his car through for the drop off!)

See everyone next year!

The HOPS party has always been on Thursday. Sincerely, The Ministry of Truth.
Is this a new definition of Truth or is this an allusion to Orwell that’s just going to confuse some poor sod who doesn’t know any better? It’s been Wednesday at least since 2009.

Is this a new definition of Truth or is this an allusion to Orwell that’s just going to confuse some poor sod who doesn’t know any better? It’s been Wednesday at least since 2009.
It's always been Wednesday.

Sorry we missed your shindig, Grant. Our inn-sitters -- the couple who made it possible for us to attend Oshkosh every year -- were finally able to make it to the Big Show themselves.

We wanted to devote 100% to these amazing people, and we were able to show them every inch of the grounds despite both of them being barely ambulatory. (Both have had recent knee replacement surgery.). Thank goodness for trams and mobility scooters!

See ya next year!
--
Jay & Mary

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

I don't think that my obvious joke, tagged with an Orwellian signature, will confuse too many. Future HOPS parties will be on Wednesday. Those of us who gathered on Wednesday had a good time before deciding to push it back a day for weather.

It's always been Wednesday.

Sorry we missed your shindig, Grant. Our inn-sitters -- the couple who made it possible for us to attend Oshkosh every year -- were finally able to make it to the Big Show themselves.

We wanted to devote 100% to these amazing people, and we were able to show them every inch of the grounds despite both of them being barely ambulatory. (Both have had recent knee replacement surgery.). Thank goodness for trams and mobility scooters!

See ya next year!
--
Jay & Mary

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
I'm already looking forward to HOPS 2022!

Back