Hope to meet new friends in the aviation community.

Tyrease Phillips

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Tyrease1364
So, let me start by saying this community is very accepting of some but loving for most. In this line of passion is it very well put to always be guarded and careful. With that said, my name is Tyrease P. And I love the thought of flying. Love the atmosphere of aviation and applying to the community for acceptance in aviation. My background, about eleven years ago I was charged with a non violent felony and went to prison for it. Have been doing things right and now eleven years later trying to put my life together. Today I have cut those who still actively endulge that life style. With that in mind it’s very difficult coming into a community without knowing someone and trying to make new friends or being able to be pointed in the right direction. As I say that the sacrifice that I have chosen has made it very difficult but very well achievable for me. I am a full time student awaiting for flight school at Clover Park College in Tacoma, WA, and homeless. I have chose to live in my car for this passion. I get up and work for a temp service that has not put me to work in about a week, but I still get up not looking at what went wrong but at what today is possible of. Reaching out for a smile or a hello is not new, but what is new is reaching out to a community that is guarded. So to this community of great pilots of all kind I just want to say hello. And hope that I someday can make your acquaintance. By the way from good ol Tacoma, WA and love watching the planes takeoff from KBFI, matter of fact there daily.

So, let me start by saying this community is very accepting of some but loving for most. In this line of passion is it very well put to always be guarded and careful. With that said, my name is Tyrease P. And I love the thought of flying. Love the atmosphere of aviation and applying to the community for acceptance in aviation. My background, about eleven years ago I was charged with a non violent felony and went to prison for it. Have been doing things right and now eleven years later trying to put my life together. Today I have cut those who still actively endulge that life style. With that in mind it’s very difficult coming into a community without knowing someone and trying to make new friends or being able to be pointed in the right direction. As I say that the sacrifice that I have chosen has made it very difficult but very well achievable for me. I am a full time student awaiting for flight school at Clover Park College in Tacoma, WA, and homeless. I have chose to live in my car for this passion. I get up and work for a temp service that has not put me to work in about a week, but I still get up not looking at what went wrong but at what today is possible of. Reaching out for a smile or a hello is not new, but what is new is reaching out to a community that is guarded. So to this community of great pilots of all kind I just want to say hello. And hope that I someday can make your acquaintance. By the way from good ol Tacoma, WA and love watching the planes takeoff from KBFI, matter of fact there daily.

Welcome to the joint. Good luck in your pursuit. When do you expect to start Flight Training?

Well if all goes well I start Sept 24th, 2018. I am already enrolled in college but just waiting on Medical Cert from F.A.A. Cannot wait have never been in a cockpit or behind a yoke other then x-plane 11 but can’t wait . Thank you so very much. It’s great to be around people as yourself.

Last edited:
Well if all goes well I start Sept 20th, 2018. I am already enrolled in college but just waiting on Medical Cert from F.A.A. Cannot wait have never been in a cockpit or behind a yoke other then x-plane 11 but can’t wait . Thank you so very much. It’s great to be around people as yourself.

Does the school require the Medical before you start? You'll need it before you can Solo of course.

Welcome Tyrease! I think you'll like it here.

So what are your ultimate plans with flying? Does that felony affect you in getting your private or basic med in any way?
Yes and no I’m currently in the process of getting my medical now. I have been jumping through hoops to get it. I just got the last of it with the psych eval which took every last penny I could save up for, but well worth it. I guess it is true it ain’t worth it if your not willing to sacrifice for it. My ultimate plan is to apply some business and ideas to this area of travel. Washington state is a very unique hub for travel. I believe there is a market here for a certain type of crowd that would benefit a certain type of travel. I truly believe in myself and believe that with some help from others we would be able to achieve great success.

Does the school require the Medical before you start? You'll need it before you can Solo of course.
Yes it is required before I start.That is why I sit and long to just be invited to sit in an aircraft.

Welcome,
and sorry you got screwed by “the system”.
IMO how many places handle non violent crimes is the reason we have jury nullification, sadly that’s not something they teach in government run schools.

Have you gotten into the program yet?

You might want to reach out to this guy RE your medical since it’s not a cut and dry matter with your situation

http://www.aeromedicaldoc.com/

Welcome,
IMO how many places handle non violent crimes is the reason we have jury nullification, sadly that’s not something they teach in government run schools.

Have you gotten into the program yet?

You might want to reach out to this guy RE your medical since it’s not a cut and dry matter with your situation

http://www.aeromedicaldoc.com/
Yes, I have already reached out to him. He was very helpful. At this point I have done everything that can possibly be done. I have my student pilot cert and medical on hold maybe this in a couple of weeks. I have been in constant touch with the F.A.A and they have been really helpful. I guess the AME who did my exam was questioning so he deferred it. It’s ok I get to show people that there are those out there who is really trying to get it together and work hard by living by example. Thank you very much for the hello.

Please keep us up to date as your progress through all of this. I very interested with your success.

You sound like a type of person who made some hard mistakes and learned from them and want to put it all behind you.

Welcome to POA and good luck to ya Tyrease. You looking at flying for a profession or just hobby?

Welcome, and good luck. You have chosen a very steep hill to climb; keep looking upward and never look down.

Please keep us up to date as your progress through all of this. I very interested with your success.

You sound like a type of person who made some hard mistakes and learned from them and want to put it all behind you.
I will. It will be through this community that it will be possible. The love and support from those I don’t even know has been so humbling. I will be a success. Thank you for the support.

Welcome to POA and good luck to ya Tyrease. You looking at flying for a profession or just hobby?
Well both, I believe that flying for a profession is a hobby. But, also think that in my area I can bring a service of aviation that is not here yet, and it would work. I live in a area that is unique to a lot of other places. It has the ability to travel to many of places and be home for dinner. With that said, thank you for the welcome.

c154672d3f6ac5bc0d92335a68c40823.jpg

Welcome Mr. Philips, and good luck. I'm glad to see a man apply himself after a rocky past. Get 'er done man.

Welcome Mr. Philips, and good luck. I'm glad to see a man apply himself after a rocky past. Get 'er done man.
Thank you. I greatly appreciate the encouragement. Soon I will apply it to a yoke. Have not ever been in a cockpit, but longing for that first time and will apply the same determination. Thank you

Unfortunately in our society we don’t let people put things behind...

Unfortunately in our society we don’t let people put things behind...
That’s why I’m willing to work so hard to show who I am out front. No need to look behind when I’m standing right in front. We will and can overcome.

I’m surprised no one has mentioned for him to do a discovery flight at a local flight school.
This will immediately put you in the cockpit and flying an airplane to get a feel for it.

Or unless it’s better to get the other hurdles out of the way first?

I’m surprised no one has mentioned for him to do a discovery flight at a local flight school.
This will immediately put you in the cockpit and flying an airplane to get a feel for it.

Or unless it’s better to get the other hurdles out of the way first?
I would love to do just that. But, as I have said my funds are very limited and doing will cost money I could use for housing and school. Sleeping in my car right now is my sacrifice for continuing my education to become something instead of giving up and not succeeding. Yes I have a job well a temp one that I work but housing is to expensive and having to pay for the psych eval cost me extensively. So for now I’m content with sitting at KBFI (Boeing Field) and watching from the sidelines. But hoping to be behind the yoke soon enough with great stories to tell and progress to show. One who went from homeless with hard work proves that you can be anything you dream of. Thank you for the suggestion.

Welcome,

/

I read a book that emphasized jury nullification as something juries really need to start doing when it comes to certain non-violent crimes. It was called Let's Get Free: A Hip-Hop Theory of Justice by Paul Butler. We are incarcerating waaaaay too many citizens to the point now that it is causing more harm than good.

Anyway, not saying anything about your case one way or the other Tyrease, and it's none of our business but glad you turned your life around and welcome to the forum! Good luck with the medical and starting lessons.

If you really want to just get in the cockpit there might be a local airport with CFIs or school that would be willing to take you up for an introductory flight without you having a medical yet. On the other hand you say you're living in your car, probably best put money toward finding a place first.:) But I understand wanting to get in the air!

Never mind my post crossed with the ones above!

Back