Hoodsie stuck in the trees

Wow - I never thought about what would happen if a blimp lost rudder control. I guess it becomes a REALLY large balloon at that point.

I wonder if the reason the blimp was going up and down rapidly was because the pilot was trying to find a wind that would blow him the way he wanted to go.

There are no other controlls except rudder and elevator on the tail. This of course is speculation, but....since that model blimp uses cables and pullies attached to the surface, I have seen what happens when, if unchecked, your pressure gets too low, the tail will start to sag. when that happens the cables can become loose or detached. nothing you can do at that point. if you fly from hot to cold, or high to low, this can happen without opening the vent behind the engine to fill the ballonet with more air to keep the ships shape in check. I dont see any other way you could loose controll of the airship.
I have flown with this pilot around 70 hours, in a simillar airship. thats all i will say about that.

If the hood milk blimp makes an emeregency landing in a field is that considered being pasteurized?

supercub185 said:
If the hood milk blimp makes an emeregency landing in a field is that considered being pasteurized?

Yes and the pilots hope to avoid homoginization.

Back