Hoodlamb

Merf

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Merf 45R
Anyone got one to sale. They apparently don't make 'em anymore.
Merf

What is it? I haven't heard the term before.

Wrong Hoodlamb! It is a view limiting device that was the best I found and attached to your headset. Thanks Merf

Actually, I just found one in my basement yesterday. Let me see if I remember where I put it. It's NEVER been used. I ended up using foggles.

Thanks! Mine was 'sposed to be in the garage. Until my wife "cleaned up".
Merf

Yea, I could smoke the collar too, but it might be tuff on the instrument training.

I've sold my unused Hoodlamb to Merf. I also fly with bifocals, but my near vision correction pretty much undoes the distance correction so I fly under the hood by just taking off my glasses. I suppose under some perverse sense this violates the "must where corrective lenses" aspect of my medical but since I'm not supposed to be seeing at a distance anyhow...

My best IFR hood story is still my flight instructor when I was 21. We'd go out to the bars together and he'd drive home wearing the IFR hood (the old long kind) so he could concentrate on the lines. I'm always surprised I survived that part of my life.

I have one somewhere as well. It is my favorite IFR hood...except it doesn't work with any of the modern headsets. It mounts to the metal frame holding the earcup.

Geez Ron, if you can't tell earth from sky without your glasses, that must be some prescription you've got there...

Back