Honey, We Have A Problem

So THAT'S where all of the honey bees disappeared to. There have been a lot of farmers looking for these little guys. Looks like aviation is going to take another bad rap. :)

I think bees have mutated so that they like airplanes and not flowers. Here's another bee story...

Attachments

• King Air Bees.pdf
    325.9 KB · Views: 38
The scary part is that according to the article this happened an hour into the flight.....How high up were these bees!

Pete

I think bees have mutated so that they like airplanes and not flowers. Here's another bee story...
Honestly, thinking about this, all they needed to do was call a beekeeper. For whatever reason, the queen settled in the cowling. Everyone else just followed like the good little bees they are.

Beekeeper would just have removed the queen, the rest of 'em would have gone along, he'd have a new hive, there'd still be those bees working to pollinate our rutabagas and strawberries and the King Air folks would have had a clean plane, pretty much. Win-win, that way. Lose-lose the way it turned out. :(

Honestly, thinking about this, all they needed to do was call a beekeeper. For whatever reason, the queen settled in the cowling. Everyone else just followed like the good little bees they are.

Beekeeper would just have removed the queen, the rest of 'em would have gone along, he'd have a new hive, there'd still be those bees working to pollinate our rutabagas and strawberries and the King Air folks would have had a clean plane, pretty much. Win-win, that way. Lose-lose the way it turned out. :(

Tom your probably correct but when ya think about it how many folks really know anything about Apiary ( bee keeping). What I find intersting about Mari's post is that the pilots thought that the plane was ok just because the foam killed the bees. My first thought was aka birds nests. If this mass of bees was outside the plane what the heck was inside where it counts:dunno: :hairraise: I think I would have wanted to decowl the plane before I took off.

I think I would have wanted to decowl the plane before I took off.
I think I would too! I don't know these people. I'm not even sure where I got the pdf. I think got it in a forwarded e-mail and saved it because I thought it was interesting.

Back