Honda Jet

Rudy said:
That is awesome looking!
It is much larger in person than I expected it to be. I was thinking of something Eclipse sized. It's not.

But it is very cool. The technical briefing given by the engineers at AirVenture was very interesting. This wasn't an intellectual exercise. The systems were designed, built and documented with certification in mind.

If I recall correctly, HONDA was asked to build a jet engine and the jet was built as the test platform. During the process, they realized they could have a viable product (since so many very light jets were in development).
Here's to HONDA for building something we can all druel over.
A sweet machine indeed!

I bet you could land it at Gastons, Michael. I don't think you'll be taking off again tho.

:)

Michael said:
Hey if I buy one of these do you think i can get it in and out at Gastons?

http://world.honda.com/HDTV/HondaJet/200408long/
Makes me wonder - what is the worst airfield you've seen a non-military jet go into? I remember seeing pictures years ago of a 737 on a gravel runway in AK. I think it had mods to the gear to ensure no rocks got tossed into the engines.

Ya know, I was at the Honda dealer last week, and brought in the new AOPA mag with it on the cover, told them I wanted to order one. They had no clue........

Back