Homeowner threatening pilots, report?

Back in 1966 (yes, I'm that old...) I visited my brother in Germany. At the local AFB (Rhine-Main I think...) there was a story of some disgruntled local who ginned up a catapult to shoot brotchen (hard! rolls served with ... well, every meal) up at planes on final to the AFB. Eventually he was taken to court and his contention was the planes were too low over his house. He won, with the thought being that if the planes were seriously threatened by a pastry then in fact they were too low... -Skip

Back in 1966 (yes, I'm that old...) I visited my brother in Germany. At the local AFB (Rhine-Main I think...) there was a story of some disgruntled local who ginned up a catapult to shoot brotchen (hard! rolls served with ... well, every meal) up at planes on final to the AFB. Eventually he was taken to court and his contention was the planes were too low over his house. He won, with the thought being that if the planes were seriously threatened by a pastry then in fact they were too low... -Skip

I think neighbors of every air base have stories like that. Mostly apocryphal. I heard that from El Toro and Los Alamitos, except they were paintballs rather than brotchen.

Assuming you're in the right, and I don't see anything to indicate that you're not, this still poses some difficult issues. That home appears to be worth several million dollars and the owner could have a fair amount of influence with local law enforcement. If you're intent on flying there, you might use a GoPro or other device to get a clear recording of his threats. Then take the recording to the local police, calmly explain the situation and the repeated threats, and ask them to please speak with the homeowner about his conduct, which could rise to the level of criminal assault in some states. Without incontrovertible proof of a threat, your complaint to the police could possibly fall on deaf ears.

And delete all videos besides the ones where he abuses you - you don't want Mr. Homeowner to use your videos to claim you're invading his privacy.

14 CFR 103.15 prohibits operating over a "settlement." While you might not want one house to be a settlement, the FAA may not agree with you.

I live in a settlement, and I can prove it! ;)

dab7c483a8ca9f286c1845657c0f13a1.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back