Homeland Security Inquires

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
Has anyone had the Homeland Security phone calls to your FBO asking what your tail number is? I have had several buddies across the country say that after a cross country flight they land and the FBO gets a call asking for the tail number of the plane that just landed.

Last edited:
Yes, that happens, and it's usually a sign that they think you flew through a TFR or something and they tracked your 1200 code to your destination and want to find out who did it.

I'd just tell them to go away. Or, tell the FBO to tell them that. Idiots :(

Give them the tail number of the Underhills.

Yes, they have called me. I tell them I don't see any planes.

Of course, I am 280 miles away from the airport when they have called.

What prevents the old coot with the house under the runway from calling, claiming to be DHS, and asking the same question?

Tell the caller you need an official inquiry.

Last edited:
What prevent the old coot with the house under the runway from calling, claiming to be DHS, and asking the same question?

Tell the caller you need an official inquiry.
That is how I would play it. It could be some nosey anti-airport guy wanting to file frivolous lawsuits because you invaded his personal airspace. I'd tell that person that you have recorded the N-number and if they will dispatch a properly credentialed agent you will give them that information. But in the mean time you will protect the cusotmers privacy.

That is how I would play it. It could be some nosey anti-airport guy wanting to file frivolous lawsuits because you invaded his personal airspace. I'd tell that person that you have recorded the N-number and if they will dispatch a properly credentialed agent you will give them that information. But in the mean time you will protect the cusotmers privacy.

Heck, if he wants to do that, all he needs is to write the number down all by himself...easy lookup on the FAA website to see who owns it!

I'd reply with november four golf alpha. Maybe jolt them into a showdown with the homeys.

And while your at it, if you have caller ID track the guys number and report him/her to the FBI for falsely impersonating a Law Enforcement Officer:mad3:

2" tail numbers, a private hangar that's not on airport property and a turn-off well away from nearest FBO, along no record of local fuel purchases or services can be an advantage.
Has anyone had the Homeland Security phone calls to your FBO asking what your tail number is? I have had several buddies across the country say that after a cross country flight they land and the FBO gets a call asking for the tail number of the plane that just landed.

No way. Why give this information to anyone without a warrant? I wouldn't, certainly not to a DHS clown.

N4GA (for General Aviation) is AOPA's plane.

Back