Home

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Ive called many of the 6Y9 attendees anyway, but Leah and I are back in Cedar Rapids. We left 6Y9 at 1:30ish Central Time and got to Cedar Rapids about 7:20. Fuel stop in Central Wisconsin, so we had 5.3 on the hobbs for trip home. everything went fine and the weather was beautiful, just blasted headwinds kept us slow. I put all my pictures up here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/cherokee373Y/6Y92007

there are a few decent ones in there.

I must thank the Fredericks for all the work they put into the airport and organizing the fly in. The town was very supportive and really enjoyed having us pilots around. We enjoyed every minute and now I can answer the age old question: "Where the HELL is Sidnaw, MI?"

More to come tomorrow, will write up a pretty detailed trip report.

Well, Leslie and I are home now. We stopped for a GoFlyAmerica at Crandon, and for fuel at Outagamie (Appleton). It was about 3.0 on the tach coming back. We had a great time up there, and hope to do it again next year! A great big THANK YOU goes out to the Fredericks, as well as all those residents of the Sidnaw area who made us feel welcome! We'll try to put up some pictures and a trip report Real Soon Now! :)

Well, Tony you beat me home :D. So you at least win on that count Got back to MSN around 10:30 ish after flying to Marquette (kinda weird landing on 13,000' after dealing with 2000' in 6y9), and stopping for dinner with some fiends in GRB.

Will post more details later

Pete

Scott,

I taxied most of the way to the pump, the last bit was over a pretty rocky driveway so we pushed it over that area. There was at least one video camera rolling so I'm sure there will be something uploaded soon.

Brook - yes Leah did quite a lot of the flying up and back, did a fine job too.

I made it home about 4:00 Sidnaw time. I had a real nice tail wind at the start, doing 126 kts across the ground. It was kind of bumpy though, even though I climbed up to higher altitudes (2500ft or so) :rolleyes: Then as I crossed the Lake I picked up some head wind.

All in all, it was a wonderful weekend. I want to thank the Fredericks and the town of Sidnaw for their hospitality. I'm just sorry we didn't get to see the cougar Brad was talking about. Leslie probably would have slept better if he had been making some noise at night. She said it was hard to sleep when it is SOOOO quiet. :D

Barb

By God, Tony, that picture of the Citabria at the Mini Mart is classic!

It do suck, not to be there. Good Lord willing, I'll be there next year!

Hmmm, looking at your pics of the Citabria got me to thinking. I wonder if you could get the road taxes you paid on that gas refunded to you :)

Pete

pete - we talked about this a little while you were ATVing. i think someone said there is some form I could fill out and mail in. I guess I should see how much the Michigan Road Tax is!

pete - we talked about this a little while you were ATVing. i think someone said there is some form I could fill out and mail in. I guess I should see how much the Michigan Road Tax is!

Somewhere around 46 cents a gallon I think

that could be worth pursuing a refund...

Glad you two got back okay tony. I just got back to Oklahoma myself, boy I travel a lot! 6Y9 Was a blast though.

Its about 15 cents on a gallon. Usually you fill out paper work at the gas station and get the refund right there. Most of the gas stations around here won't do it for regular gas, only for diesel. I suppose you could go to the state for a refund but then they would probably add on the aviation fuel tax that you didn't pay, which is 23 cents a gallon. :rolleyes:

Barb

well in that case then i probably wont worry about it Barb :)

state will probably see the pictures in the newspaper anyway and send the club a bill...

It appears that I now have the honor of being the last to arrive and last to leave 6y9 by airplane for the fly in. Much to my surprise, when I showed up early Monday morning, there wasn't another plane on the field. Seems you all decided to go home early. When I overflew the field to check out the landing area, I actually wondered if I was at the wrong airport, but the view so closely matched Ed's pictures and description that I knew it had to be Sidnaw. My next thought was that everyone must have been on a quick trip to a nearby airport for gas or something. I did get a nice tour of the town including the museum from Ed's mom (nice lady!) so the trip wasn't entirely wasted. In addition to not getting to see all of you that went (and left early!!!) I'm especially bummed that I missed out on the homemade cookies.

You can now call me the "Lone Arriver".

Ohhhhh.....
Sorry we missed you! Have to say, though, that even had we stuck around, there wouldn't have been any cookies left! :no:

true there were barely any left on saturday afternoon when jesse got there

It appears that I now have the honor of being the last to arrive and last to leave 6y9 by airplane for the fly in. Much to my surprise, when I showed up early Monday morning, there wasn't another plane on the field. Seems you all decided to go home early. When I overflew the field to check out the landing area, I actually wondered if I was at the wrong airport, but the view so closely matched Ed's pictures and description that I knew it had to be Sidnaw. My next thought was that everyone must have been on a quick trip to a nearby airport for gas or something. I did get a nice tour of the town including the museum from Ed's mom (nice lady!) so the trip wasn't entirely wasted. In addition to not getting to see all of you that went (and left early!!!) I'm especially bummed that I missed out on the homemade cookies.

You can now call me the "Lone Arriver".

Lance,

Sorry we missed you! Were you the Baron 25Q I heard talking to Green Bay Approach on Monday evening?

Much to my surprise, when I showed up early Monday morning, there wasn't another plane on the field.

:hairraise: Sorry we all missed you, Lance!!! Did it rain while you were up there?

true there were barely any left on saturday afternoon when jesse got there

I officially hereby enter the cookie contest for next year. That will add to the supply. Though they won't last long considering they're so yummy...

:hairraise: Sorry we all missed you, Lance!!! Did it rain while you were up there?

No, Monday morning was all blue skies and light winds. I think there was some rain up that way when I was flying home from Bellaire later in the day though.

Damn. I decided to leave on Sunday evening since everyone else was leaving and we had a long drive from KFCM back to Nebraska.

Yup, that was on the way home from Bellaire. Where were you?

Monitoring GRB between 92C and KCLI. I heard him say "Baron 25Q, change to my frequency 119.4" and then heard you check in. I was way down at 2500 feet in a high-wing, or I'd have waved. ;)

Back