Home Video - Carrier Landing

gkainz

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Kainz
Not mine - from a friend.

Guess the aircraft? Rear view mirrors like a '58 Edsel and windshield wipers like a '54 Willys?

Attachments

• Carrier Landing home video.wmv
    2.5 MB · Views: 77
thats cool greg! i have no idea what kind of aircraft

gkainz said:
Guess the aircraft?

I was going to guess EA-6B Prowler (side-by-side seating), but it does not appear to have the rounded front windows...

Last edited:
At first, I thought it was the Greyhound, but that is a turbofan, not turboprop...

Didn't they retire the Intruder? Doesn't have the refuelling nozzle on the nose like the Intruder...

Cheers,

-Andrew

Yep, it's a turbo fan, and yes, side by side seating (and more, if my guess is right - I don't know the type for sure, but have a strong suspicion). The biggest giveaway doesn't appear on the audio thru the approach, so maybe it's only noticeable from the outside? I've never flown in what I think it is, so can't say for sure.

gkainz said:
Yep, it's a turbo fan, and yes, side by side seating (and more, if my guess is right - I don't know the type for sure, but have a strong suspicion). The biggest giveaway doesn't appear on the audio thru the approach, so maybe it's only noticeable from the outside? I've never flown in what I think it is, so can't say for sure.

S-3 Viking?

s-3_vs-38-2.jpg

Last edited:
Yep - that's my guess... the Hoover - for the vacuum-cleaner sucking sound as the engines spool up

Nic pic, btw!

Last edited:
Back