Holy Crap...

Henning

Taxi to Parking
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHenning
I'm pit stopping in Gainsville FL on a rainy day.... I've been passing the time watching Fox News, what anger, what comedy.:lol:

Y'all understand that one of Rupert Murdoch's goals in life is to bring down American society right? :yesnod::rofl:

I haven't watched TV news in a decade(nor the daily show) they all suck and serve the same masters, they just use different angles for different crowds. News and political parties are one, they are scripted worse then the good/bad pro wrestler stories.:)

Infotainment brainwashing lol.. Mind control science at Madison Avenue's finest product. :lol:

News,it's all politics no matter who you watch.

Y'all understand that one of Rupert Murdoch's goals in life is to bring down American society right? :yesnod::rofl:

Why would an incredibly smart businessman like Murdoch want to destroy one of the major profit centers of his media empire :dunno:

His driving motivator for his political leanings is to help keep those in power that will allow him to continue to profit. He is a business man first and foremost, profit before politics, that's all folks.

Why would an incredibly smart businessman like Murdoch want to destroy one of the major profit centers of his media empire :dunno:

His driving motivator for his political leanings is to help keep those in power that will allow him to continue to profit. He is a business man first and foremost, profit before politics, that's all folks.

Because he is an Aussie and considers us Sepos. He gets paid for providing his part of the soap opera.

If that's the case, then watch Fox the women are better looking.

Of course they are, Roger Ailles KNOWS (like any smart businessman) that sex sells. Nothing keeps blue haired old men from changing the channel like watching some young blond piece telling them what they want to hear. MSNBC and CNN are just way sadly behind the curve on that one.

The funny part is that even though a program like The Daily Show is also owned by a huge media company (Viacom), the writers for that show actually go to pretty significant lengths to make sure that the things they put forward as fact are actually true. The ability to do so in a comedic, mocking fashion is really just icing on the cake.

Last edited:
Because he is an Aussie and considers us Sepos. He gets paid for providing his part of the soap opera.

Like I said, a guy like Murdoch is profit before anything else. He may not like Americans, but I guarantee you he likes our money, and he gets a lot of it. He's not looking to change that.

Henning....Fox News?

Yeah, haven't watched it in years and years, just seeing where it had gotten to. It's like the WWE does the News channel lol. The cheapest most obvious propaganda machine works, Telemundo style stuff.

I get tired of the news channels. Find that I have to watch a multitude and filter the truth from various sources. How's it by you? Happy Thanksgiving.

Yeah, haven't watched it in years and years, just seeing where it had gotten to. It's like the WWE does the News channel lol. The cheapest most obvious propaganda machine works, Telemundo style stuff.

Sabado Gigante isn't describing Saturday. It's describing the female host's um, endowments. Haha.

Calling out an industry for being full of s@#$ is not political and certainly not partisan.

Looks to me like this thread called out a channel initially, not an industry. Otherwise it would have said "The news channels' goal is to bring down American society."

There really isn't enough significant national news to do more than about an hour a day, so with 24 hour channels we get lots of yammering.

I'm pit stopping in Gainsville FL on a rainy day.... I've been passing the time watching Fox News, what anger, what comedy.:lol:

The anger may be dramatized, but still warranted.
The comedy is the fact that Fox is almost the only network that dares report that stuff.

If you want the antidote, switch over to MSNBC and try to see if you can detect any bias or misrepresentation. Especially in the late afternoon.

Watching the guy roll up the cords on CSPAN2 is about as close to news as you're going to get in 'Murica these days.

Everybody knows that profits are evil and as is anyone who works for a corporation. :goofy::rolleyes:

I long for the days of true news stations with a straightforward representation of facts and a clear line between news and editorial content.

Also, no nightly "Argument TV" segments.

Murdock started and will wind it up as a sleeze "journalist". His claim to fame was owning newspapers like the ones you see at the checkout counter at the grocery store. Buying the Wall Street journal, he figured would bring him some street cred. He is in heavy traffic in England where he's been caught in all sorts of cell phone "problems" and the British government wants a patch off his a--! His Asian wife, (a looker) has left having had enough of him. Etc. etc. personally I watch The evening news on PBS as I think it's the least offensive. I think Mr. Henning is correct, fox is a joke. I do NOT think corporations are evil. I think they are very necessary but like most sane Americans, I think they must be carefully watched and regulated otherwise we will see again what happened in 2007......only much worse! When the top twenty five corp. pay no income tax there is something very wrong with our society.

Last edited:
Watching the guy roll up the cords on CSPAN2 is about as close to news as you're going to get in 'Murica these days.

I definitely agree with you on that one.

Our country is far more polarized than it was a mere 20 or 30 years ago.

The three main "exacerbators":

Cable news networks

The internet

Air conditioning

Faux News definitely sells anger and paranoia. Look at their advertisers. Gold Bullion (for the coming recession/depresssion, for the last 5 years. Survival seeds, etc...

MSNBC sells anger and trust in government(well a certain brand of government) for all that ails you.

If you want comedy, watch the lesbian and her cohorts on msnbc.
They are freakin insane.

PBS sells anger wrapped in faux intelligence with an extra heavy helping of smug.

There is that smugness I was talking about

Bill oreally showing up on PBS would be tantamount to that idiot glen beck showing up on jeprody.Incidentally, message to the uninformed, government participation in PBS is extremely small, the vast majority of their funding comes from private donations and corporations. Much much more money is given to the t party weirdos by the Koch brothers.

Last edited:
[Larry] King said in an interview with comedian and podcast host Marc Maron that he was “the beginning of talk radio” thanks to his national show on the Mutual Broadcasting System beginning in 1978, but added that he’s not a fan of what it’s become.

“It became a soap box,” said King. “Screaming, yelling idiots. A lot of what I hear is pop nonsense, political crazies.” King said “the Limbaughs and those guys are just playing with a loose deck. And a lot of it is an act.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/11/larry-king-talk-radio-100388.html

What would you expect from a government funded organization? They know who puts butter on their bread and report accordingly.

Could you share with the rest of us how much funding PBS gets from the government?

Thanks in advance.

Back