Holy Crap, Nick!!!!!!

Kaye

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
iPlaneless
Did you realize your Albuquerque chart has no green on it????? :eek:

Having visited ABQ, I can say it's not very pretty out there. in fact it looks best at night. no offense.

LOL - yeah - imagine my surprise when I saw a chart that had green on it. Blew my mind!

I didn't realize it was elevation dependent.

Having visited ABQ, I can say it's not very pretty out there. in fact it looks best at night. no offense.
I went through ABQ many years ago and subsequently read Tom Wolfe's The Right Stuff, in which he described it as a "red sod hut tortilla highway desert city that was remarkably short on charm despite the Mexican touch". Pretty accurate I thought. Santa Fe is nice though.

in fact it looks best at night. no offense.

True; coming across from Northern Arizona, in a U-HAUL truck I approached Albuquerque at night. It seemed to be a distant, shimmering panorama of city lights. The sights weren't as inspiring while I, having exited, was downtown for refueling.

HR

Yea, but it sure isn't greenery dependant(as in trees) Havasu is pretty barren as well:D

This is true, but there are a few things that Lake Havasu is lacking that I'm enjoying.

1) Crime
2) Massive numbers of illegal aliens
3) The "entitlement" attitude
4) Ghettos
5) Crime

Also - the barrenness here is pretty - the mountains are pretty and neat looking, and there are Saguaros here too. And Joshua Trees. Albuquerque had prickly pears and those weird cacti with the branches that stick around. And Yucca. Blech. Yucca.

I'm biased though - regardless of how pretty Albuquerque may have been, I don't feel endangered here. And that is a good thing.

I've said before, and I still think that places outside of Albuquerque are great! The northern mountains are beautiful, the charm of the south (including Las Cruces) is amazing, and the white sands are a sight to see. But Albuquerque would be better off wiped off the earth.

Edit: HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN THE LAKE!! I live right near a lake. How freaking cool is that? And the lake isn't like the lakes in New Mexico - this lake is huge and while I know it is man made - its still much more impressive than Elephant Butte or Santa Rosa. Navajo lake is still worth a trip though.

Edit: HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN THE LAKE!! I live right near a lake. How freaking cool is that? And the lake isn't like the lakes in New Mexico - this lake is huge

IIRC, the boss has a nice boat on that lake, yes?

IIRC, the boss has a nice boat on that lake, yes?

Funny thing is, you cant go boating out here in the summer because of all the crazy Californians. They cram as many boats into the lake as possible each weekend. The sights are nice, g-strings, pasties, boobies. But don't get in the water if you value your life. Mohave Co lakes (mead, mohave, havasu) were reported to be the deadliest lakes in the US this last summer. mostly alcoholic drinking related. you get drunk at 125 degrees and your head aint quite right. could be a bad thing.

Back